Have a few questions about

So I have my block at the machine shop and before deciding what pistons I am going with I had the machine shop measure the 4 corners of the block. Shortest side is 9.590". How common is it for the blocks to be off this much? Machine shop told me it is nothing to worry about but just wanted to check.

Also the machine shop told me expect the overall deck height of the entire block to be about .005" shorter than the 9.590" height of the current shortest corner after squaring up the block. Does this sound about right? Is that much material usually removed in squaring up a block's deck surfaces?

I have never dealt with getting a block machined before, so this is all new to me. Just for some background the combo is a 360 3.58" stroke, 6.123" rod, and SRP piston 142069 that will get me 9.583" overall deck height. I want to zero deck it, so if the block would be machined to about 9.585", they would have to take off another .002" to get me at zero deck. Does this sound like a lot of material to be removing?

I know it may seem I am overthinking things, and I do trust the machine shop, but this is just something I have never done before and getting to hear other's experiences always help although I do realize there is more than one way of doing things