Quote:

I have a 727 small block bolted up to a 360, I was driving it a couple of weeks ago and all of a sudden it wouldn't shift into drive in auto or by hand shifting it. The trans probably doesn't have 50 miles on it since rebuild. It has the B&M Transpak in it and Kolene steels and Hi-Perf. red cluthces and hi performance kickdown band. I looked at the kickdown lever and it is just loose and doesn't have any spring tension to it. The lever just flops back and forth, so does it have a spring on the inside or could something have broke or come loose. I can't find a diagram of the trans. Thanks for ANY help.

I read this the other day and it is very confusing to me , can you snap a picture of the side of the carb wit hthe linkage and attach it to this thread?

was the car running or not with you pushed on the linkage ? and when you did it did you remove the spring that pulls the linkage forward against the carb stud ?

If I remember right the throttle valve in the trans isn't pushed out against the lever on the valvebody when the engine is OFF so you will have some dead play ...