I just installed my MSD Street Fire ignition which replaced my Chrysler "style" setup. I ran into a couple of minor issues that I need help with.
A) When I connected the "+" battery cable to the battery, I got a few sparks which I don't recall from before. See B. Note: When I was done, I put a test light on the negative battery post and the other end on the un-mounted positive cable and my test light did not light.
B)The instructions say to wire the HEAVY red wire to the positive side of the starter solenoid which I did. This is before the ammeter in the circuit, is this correct?
C) The engine did not want to fire right up but once it did, then it idled at the high idle speed of 1400rpms. My ammeter was solid in the "+" side which is normal and my battery volt gauge showed solid 14ish and my volt gauge for the 12v feed to the MSD showed solid 13.5 or so ("Crank" and "Run" wires). But as soon as I dropped the idle off of high idle to base idle, the ammeter started flickering and both voltage gauges started flickering 12-14 volts real fast.
D) At my base idle rpm, my initial timing is now showing 54 degrees instead of my previous 24 degrees. My Craftsman dial back showed a solid line on the dampner but I gained 30 degrees of initial timing. Is this normal when switching from a Chrysler style ignition to a MSD unit? If so, then I will reset my initial timing.

Thanks

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)