Thanks for the comments! I wasn't sure about the need to remove the seat until after I had it all apart and saw the internal parts. You're right, though, compressed air could do the trick.

Quote:

It's very well written as a guide. Would like to see the restoration part.

Are you planning on removing the bracket to replate it?

I'll figure out what to do with the bracket once I have it all cleaned up. The plating I can see under the grime looks pretty decent, but it will probably have to be re-done to have something that's worth putting on a restored car.

Quote:

I reall would like to see a re-build kit made that contains the o-ring seals and all other seals needed. When putting the valve together again, do you use any type of sealent on the top and bottom ?

Sealants aren't needed to put the parts back together. With new o-rings and good brake line fittings there shouldn't be any leaks.

I'll look into the cost to come up with a seal kit. I'm not yet sure if it makes sense to include the springs - if they're not rusted they can probably just be cleaned and re-used. Even though repros are available I'm sure there are people who want to rebuild these parts to preserve the date codes.

Scott Hollenbeck Administrator, Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Registry Owner, Muscle Car Research LLC 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS