Quote:

I tried posting this in the Q&A section and had limited response so I thought I'd try it here.

I was considering one of the OC Billet cranks but was wonder how folks are mounting their flexplate without the locating flange? Or is everyone running a non-torqueflite trans (JW makes a GM adapter)?
Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!
Mike

I saw your other posts on this, I bought a adapter ring from Kieth Black Enterprizes, 562-869-1518, not the piston company To use on a old 8 bolt top fuel crank, there the 392 hemi 8 bolt type cranks, not 426 hemi type It presses into the crank and locates the converter hub perfectly, not much money either Don't forgot that the distance from the flywheel mounting flange to the thrust surface of the cranksahft thrust bearing is different on the top fuel cranks like your wanting to use and the stock street hemi cranks,I think the top fuel cranks flanges are 3/8 thick and the 426 stock crank flanges are 1/4 inch thick, or close to that You'll need to make sure the converter to pump hub depth is correct, you may need a spacer plate or have the converter machined to match your crank and block I attached a picture of the adapter ring

6932889-MVC-056S.JPG (67 downloads)
Last edited by Cab_Burge; 11/23/11 03:27 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)