My guess would be that you are not getting the weight transfer on the initial hit.

The front suspension needs to be loose and able to move upward about 5 inches before the suspension stops hit. This may require lowering the torsion bar settings and trimming on the front suspension stops. An inexpensive set of 90/10 front shock will help a lot as well (about $100 for the pair).

20psi sounds a little high for you car, I would suggest starting around 16psi (get a GOOD tire gauge! - 1-2 psi make a big change)

If you can, get a friend to take a video of the launch so you can analyze what is really happening. I use a digital camera with video mode, so I can upload to my computer for viewing.

With older tires, you may want to do a little longer burnout on the first burnout of the day to heat the tires up and bring the oils closer to the surface. From then on, short burnouts to keep them from getting too "greasy".

Pay attention to # 4 in the guide below!!!!!

Direct quote from M/T site

Quote:

BURNOUTS- FOR MOST APPLICATIONS
The length of your burnout will be dictated primarily by the ambient and track conditions. The hotter the temperatures, the shorter the burnout. When the temps get cool, a longer burnout will be necessary. Ideally you want the tire temp to be within 15 degrees of the track temperature on the launch. When the track temps exceed 120 degrees, it is always best to keep your tire temps on the lower side. Here are some additional tips for maximizing the performance of your M/T racing tires.

1. First pass of the day will be your longest. After that follow the guidelines of #2 and #3 stated below.
2. Automatic transmissions and Bias tires with Softer compounds: First pass or two, fairly hard burnout relative to ambient conditions. After that a light burnout should be sufficient.
3. Standard transmission and Radial tires: Typically shorter burnouts are better. A light burnout, enough to haze the tires, then stage immediately.
4. No dry hops. This does nothing to improve traction, and in some cases can have a negative effect.

Good luck and have fun!

Scott