Quote:

Here's the key question. ARE your secondaries opening after the engine is fully warmed-up? If not, then the wire sending power to the choke spring may not be allowing the butterfly to open all the way - it may not be sending juice. On a cold start, the primary butterfly will be closed all the way or else it will not start. After the engine is fully warmed up, the extra heat the power wire is sending to the manifold spring allows it to uncoil enough to open the butterfly all the way.

That's not quite right IMO. I ran the stock choke on my thermoquad for 8 years as a daily driver and never had the electric part hooked up. The choke does still fully open. The intake manifold gets heated up enough. After driving it like that for 7 years I put on headers and aftemarket heads with no heated crossover and the stock choke still worked fine. Also, the service manual for mine specifically said the primary butterfly door should NOT be fully closed when the choke is fully engaged. Should be open about a pencil width in front. I adjusted mine that way and it started easier and ran better when cold than it did with the door totally closed.