I don't want to " throw them under the bus" as they said they will replace them. I figure everyone screws up now and then. The difference is admiting it and making it right. That seperates the men from the boys!
Off to the post office today....

There is a big difference in " screwing up every now and then" and just plain horrible workmanship. They performed the latter on that job. Not only that, but if they had a clue, they would NEVER balance a rod like that, putting hundreds of stress risers right down the side of a bolt hole on a connecting rod. Thats work of a 10 year old. They simply didnt care, hoped you wouldnt notice ( or knpow the difference) or just hired a 10 year old in their shop. Ok, so they dont know how to balance, THEN they decide to send rod pins out with almost DOUBLE the accepted and needed clearance? Why you would protect them I dont know, but thats your call. I'd get my money back and deal with someone who actually knows what they are doing, unless of course, " best price" was what this purchase was about.

Good luck on the next set.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.