Quote:

Obviously not many readers understood what I had posted.. REAL CLEAR unless you are going 150+ that scoop is not providing you with any real HP. IF YOU HAVE A COOLER AIR CHARGE FROM THE AIR TEMP OF THE DAY YOU ARE HELPING YOURSELF TO SOME FREE HP. THINK OF THIS ....YOU WAIT IN THE STAGING LANES FOR PROBABLY 15-30mins. The sun beats down on your hood to the point that you can't comfortably keep your hand on it. Now add the temp increase that the engine creates as the motor runs while you do your burnout and stage. The air temp in the engine compartment is over 170+. Your scoop and hood temps are about 120+. The white paint(gloss)on both sides of the hood will reduce the those temps by minimum 10 o/o. Thats free HP> Enough to get you slightly more than you have. Case in point '65 SS Hemi w/factory scoop 9.01 9.03, 9.01. Same car, same day just 3 hrs. later, no scoop w/white hood 9.02, 9.03,9.03.

What are you saying here? I still don't see how a white hood is going to help your et. If it did every NASCAR and NHRA prostock car would have a white hood. Same with painting the under side white. How is that going to effect anything, it's dark under there. I argee that the sun beating down on a dark hood makes it hotter than a light hood but I don't think it's going to change your et much. You'd need to do back to back tests with the same car, dark hood vs white hood. Your car above ran consistant 9.0's w/o much change w/ both hoods. Now if you're saying his scoop isn't functional I'll agree it's probably not as effective as a "pro-style" scoop...I'll buy that.