Quote:

Quote:

i just test drove a trade in at the dealer..
super clean 04 4x4 longbed 4dr auto..CTD
Truck is perfect for me..
however..it had a Vibration..i could feel it in the wheel,floor and gas pedal..
at aroung 1200rpm..
i drove the truck..and it was most noticeable at a steady 60mph...
Felt like ("do you remember those wind up toys with the spinning disc inside to propel it?" when those bearings would go bad and it would vibrate/harmonics..and it wouldnt work anymore?)
thats the kind of vibration..felt like it was pulling the truck down..

Maybe trq converter? or trans? they put it in the service dept..I hope the salesman keeps me informed..I really like the truck otherwise.

sorry Eric for highjacking..
chepast

If the vibration was only when it was moving could have been a bad u-joint. Know of a few this happened too and they feared the worst only to find a simple fix.

the sales man said it was in for service over the weekend..Said it had a performance chip..they removed it and that fixed the vibration..?

on friday the salesman said its 4x4 and someone bumped a selinoid in the transmisson..it had to be replaced ...I told him i was under that truck before it went to service there was absolutely no scatches or dents of any kind under that chassis.
I see past typical saleman bs and mention'd that seemed like a poor answer..
Im going in to look at/test drive again in a few hours...Im gonna talk to the service tech if i can ..feel him out for his answer..
I was pervey to look at the truck the day it was traded..saw the condition the previous owner left it in...and its really clean inside..even with then normal dirt (fwiw it wasnt vacuumed or even cleaned and it was still in nice shape)
i dont see any body damage anywhere... I didnt see any marks on any nuts or bolts under the chassis to lead me to believe anything has been removed or replaced..
the tires are only at about %35 tread left and its got real even/consistant tire wear front and back..
Im gonna get the vin..does anyone know how to get the previous owners info from the vin?
i like this truck..been looking a while..
cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]