Three things I would be experimenting with on the carb in addition to the initial opening gap and accel pump size size (once you have ignition timing close and you determine the linkage is working right).

1) Richen secondary jetting and set open airdoor angle to stock or a little tigher than stock. If you have blocked manifold heat and are running pump gas you will need to step up secondary jetting as well as primary. I would consider going straight to a .149 sec jet to start with. A wide band A/F meter is really useful here.

2) Choke pull-off orifice size (fill it in with jbweld and drill out in steps, starting with a much smaller than stock size) It may be easier to install a different orifice restriction in the vac hose going to the pulloff. I have seen some manual trans pulloffs with an orifice so small you can barely see it.

3) Air door tension (this is not as critcal as one and two, start with 2 turns and change in steps of .25. I dont think you need to go less than 1.5 turns or more than 2.5)

If you get stuck PM me and maybe we can talk by phone.

1971 Factory Appearing Duster 340 11.000 @ 122 mph