Quote:

Good luck to all those who come to lapeer this weekend, dont get your hopes up about traction even on a 90 degree day its not good. Sorry to be a Debby Downer but dont anyone gets their hopes up, I raced two weekends ago and the only cars that didnt spin were super low on the horsepower, my car runs 11 flat and I spun through first and second gear like a top fuel car.........just saying........I live 5 miles away and wont race there again and I am not even close to the only one that feels that way......my vote is for Ubly Dragway an hour North

LOL, we don't go to LaPeer with our high powered race cars, we go there with our 12 second and slower street cars. It's a place we can make 20 passes if we want and then eat lunch and get ready for the afternoon racing We go there to have FUN, be with good friends we haven't seen in a while and make a ton of passes without waiting around.

This is a special gathering as we're remembering a dear friend who tragically died of a sudden heart attack at age 46. He was a great father, a Mopar lover, owned dozens of Mopar muscle cars and was a good guy who died way too early. So we will go to LaPeer, remember the good times and burn some rubber in his memory.

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup