Been selling and using them probably before almost everyone here. They have been very good pieces, only had a problem with a short run of rods once where they were oversizing the small end bores, and they made changes to correct it.

They are very good pieces for the money, and cant complain a bit about the rods. They have a modest upcharge for 2000 bolts, unlike several others who charge TOO much for that upgrade. Sizing has been good on the big ends, and they maintain the bore dimensions pretty well after relaxing the caps.

I also use Scat, Manleys, Eagles, and Compstars in many of the bracket builds, and I can say they all have their place. I like using the Compstars a bit more in the small chevies as they provide a little more clearance for strokes.

Really, most of the offshore budget type H beam rods now are not bad. I'd put the Compstars in the lead, with K1 a very close second. Scat makes a nice SB stroker rod as well. I'd say Compstar has the most consistent sizing, and K1, Manley and Scat all in the same ballpark after that.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.