Hey everybody!

I had a pretty good year with my new setup (360, 4 speed, 4.10 dana rear) and put about 45 track passes and probably another 50 on the street testing However, it seems as usual my luck can never hold up and a couple weeks ago on the street i either spun or ate up a bearing big time...Hard 1-2 shift, car wanted to die, very SERIOUS knock coming from the bottom end ( I have tested everything else with a qualified mechanic, and we both came to the same conclusion)

My current engine is literally a junkyard bottom end 360 LA motor with a good top end (IMM RHS heads, IMM custom ground hydr. roller cam, intake, carb, etc.) and it runs great! (times in sig, big thanks to Brian at IMM!!) however, now that I have to pull it apart again, im questioning myself on what I want to do here, and here are my options

a.) rebuild what I already have...so that would mean turning the crank (mains or rods not sure which), resizing the rods (if its a rod bearing), new bearings, possibly a line hone on the mains (not sure if that is nescessary when turning a crank?)...At the end of the day though I will still have a cast piston low comp 360, and im not sure i want to spend all that money on machine work to end up where i was before

b.) Go 4" or bigger smallblock. I already have the heads that can support it with room for some growth, but i'll have to peice together a totally new rotator, plus balancing and machine work costs. But I can atleast already use some parts I already have too...was thinking a BPE crank if i go this route since I have spoken with Rod and he is a very knowledgeable guy with a great product for the price

c.) Sell all my small block stuff (which is all in great shape) and go to either Gen 3 Hemi stuff (which I have really taken an interest in lately) or B/RB (although that will require different headers, engine mounts, bellhousing, z bar, etc.)...both are a total changeover, but my reasoning with these is that i could sell all my smallblock stuff as well as possibly some of the big block stuff that I get but wont use

My plans this winter before this happened was to stick a cheater kit that I already have on my 360, but if i go the stroker or new engine route, I would sell all that stuff off to fund this. I wasnt planning on spending big money over this off season, but almost feel like if im going to be in there, maybe I should build it up a little more and satisfy my need for speed...problem is deciding which will be most cost effective for me right now

Not gonna lie, those new hemis have got me tempted...lol

What do you guys think? Pretend your standing in this half broke 22 year olds shoes and tell me what you think the most practical thing to do is and why...im open to all opinions At the end of the day its all mopower to me!

Thanks!