Quote:

Check the linkage and shifter adjustment, make sure the cable end will drop into the shifter arm hole in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear without forcing it. If it doesn't adjust the cable hieght and angle and so on until it does Did you try centering the valve body on the ten bolts before torqueing it down Little things can, and do, make the monsters arrive I went thruogh recently when I added a blanket on my trans, I ended up having to readjust several things to get it adjusted properly Do the simple stuff first

When I changed the valve body I ran all the bolts in by hand then tightend. I checked the linkage on the trans and at the shifter in every position and all lines up. The thing seemed to start doing this before I changed to the manual valve body. Thats why I cahnged it thinking that was the problem. Is it possible that the sprag is not holding all the way? And how is it that when the shifter is in first it takes off in second. Isnt there something else like a band thats needs to be applied to make second work that isnt applied in first?