Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This has to be the slowest ran race I have ever been to. 3 passes since yesterday morning, still waiting to make our fourth...

Is that due to the high car count or just poorly organized?

It is very well organized in my opinion. Problem is two fold (1) more cars than they expected and (2) oil downs and crashes. Some of the oil downs took a long time to clean up because the drivers did not pull over and stop when they blew up. I was in race control until 12:10 this a,m, when the last 2 pair made their pass. All of the track personnel are our local Lucas Oil Raceways guys and they know how to get cars down the track but when you spend hours cleaning up oil downs and crashes you can expect a long day and night.

The problem is they have 40 different classes. They should expect breakage and oil downs yes. On top of that they run a jet car, burnout contest, and still run a sunday bracket race (which included a dial for dollars on sat). They have cool classes but expecting to run all those in a timely manner is a joke. The pits were even worse. They should have rented the whole track.

Russ, missed seeing you there! We made it to the third round when the car decided it didnt want to start... dunno why, still trying to figure it out. See ya next year though bud!

Casey