Quote:

Quote:

So...Al...Did you go the hemi route? And were you able to pick up a T/S chassis?

I think he bought Chris's Cuda.

Yes I did...Wanted the car not the motor so much. The car is a very nice piece built by one of the best "stock" type door car builders around Phil Mandella. I wanted the car for the kid to drive, but we made the deal for the entire package. Not sure what we plan on doing with it after this year as it appears the class it was built for is going away. But I am thinking it might be fun with a wedge motor on spray or even make it into a small tire SS car like the Wann's Barracuda with a 383. Who knows, for now will will run it in the last couple of races of the year and see what happens.

We did make a number of changes to the engine since I picked up the car, a couple of things Chris had ready to go for us. After some calls we changed a few things on adviced from others and our own spin on things. The engine did fine over the weekend with zero issues in 6 shots. Including a couple of rev limiting shots at 10,000+ rpm

We changed a number of things in the chassis of the car, after a phone call to Phil and looking things over. Nothing major just a lot of minor tweaks like spring rates, moving weight around etc etc. We were pulling a bunch of timing out of it and were spinning the tires on the wheelie bars even with the timing out. We have video I will try and upload.

We do have some issues that needs to be resolved. The car just flat would not pull on the top end of the track. I am racepak illiterate as well. The top end issue appears to be an electrical thing as the tach was all over the place bouncing around. The valvesprings check out fine after the weekend. I cannot get the racepak to show me fuel pressure on the run so not sure if that is the issue, but with the tach bouncing all over I feel it is an ignition issue. The car was only gaining 28 MPH on the back half of the track and watching the racepak acceleration G's it pretty much just quits. We will keep at it. Put some new tires on it to reaplce the two and a half year old ones and see if we can do a little better and make the Mopar guys proud....