Well, the moon, the stars, and the sun aligned today at the IHRA Div 9 Raiders Division Summit Super Series run off.

http://www.ihra.com/SummitSuperSeries/About/

This was held at Rockingham Dragway on Friday before the division bracket finals. The SSS track champions from each track in this division ran off in a 4 round race to see who would go to the Summit Super Series World Finals in two weeks at Virginia Motorsports Park.

And I was lucky enough to get past all the great racers and win the trip to the SSS World Finals! I really wanted to run Jay Norris from Greer dragway for an all MOPAR final, but although he made it to the semis, it was just not meant to be.

Of the 11 no-box cars (footbrake in this division) that showed up, there were 3 Mopars. There was even a car from Aruba that made it over the water to this event! With 6 cars left, I was paired against Rocky Pintavalle from Richmond Dragway in his Duster and we both dialed 5.94 in a heads up match. I took the stripe by 0.002 seconds. The other two footbrake match ups were close at the finish line in that round also, another 0.002 and a 0.0005....

So Summit racing is going to pay me $1000 to tech in at VMP in a couple weeks in the run for $10,000 in cash, a new enclosed trailer, a golf cart, and lots of other stuff. Wish me luck.

And did I mention I love my Ron's Flying Toilet injection system? The weather was hot on Thursday and Friday and I came back to the pits at 160F just like I left the finish line. A cold front is coming through tonight, and the high is expected to be about 65 on Sat and Sun for the bracket team finals.

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1