One of the reasons to change the oil and filter after breaking in the cam is to help remove any debris made by the break in process and help clean the motor up inside No matter how careful you are(most novice engine assemblers are not very careful or anal on cleanlyness (SP?) you will have dust and debris in the oil from the motor breaking in from new parts rubbing on each other I always cut the oil filter open and inspect it for unusual debris or particles, I have a remote mounted Olbeg oil filter(screen type) that I use on some of my motors that will have a remote mounted oil filter in the car for breakin sometimes, I have seen a eyebrow or eyelash in that filter Engine assembly is like brain surgery, YOU CANNOT KEEP IT TOO CLEAN Change the oil and filter and cut the filter open to see what is in it One other thing, you do know that the oil filters Ford and Mopar use have bult in internal bypasses in them correct One other thing to think about is all the oil in the motor has to go through the oil pump before it goes into the oil filter

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 09/28/11 10:44 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)