My Son Cory & I took my Road Runner down to Monster Mopar. Had a Great Time!! Josh, you put on a great show!! I ran the Gen 3 Hemi Shootout Class & 11.0 Shootout. Ran a best of 11.05 @ 121.7 for the weekend. Saturday, I ran 11.15, 11.18 & then an 11.34. MPH on the last pass was off by 1.5 mph. I got back to the pits & pulled the plugs. They looked a little lean, so I added fuel. My last pass of the day was the first round of 11.0 Shootout. Did burnout, staged & launched...1st, 2nd then to third, all seemed ok till about 6200 or so, the motor all of a sudden felt like it was on a limiter & before I could react, BOOM!! Thankfully I didn't oil down the track. No holes in the outside of the block, but it wouldn't turn over. So, had no clue what the damage was.

When it happened, my Son went to Rick Gorski's & Bondo Bob's pits to see if he could get some help. The staff at IRP towed me to my pits & both Bondo Bob & Rick were right there at my pit as soon as I got there. Bondo went & got a crew to help me get my car on the trailer, as I didn't have a winch. I can't thank them enuff!! And, then Rick came by a little later with some Beer's & hung out and B.S'd.

Well, I got it home & got the heads off. I hurt it good. As you can see in the picks the #1 rod, piston & cylinder wall is gone. I have no clue what caused the chain of events & guess it really doesn't matter. Cylinder head is beat up pretty good & there was junk sucked into every cylinder. The biggest problem now is finding a replacement 6.1 block, now that Chrysler is no longer making them.

I have a mess on my hands!!