I have to agree with the person recommending the Mcleod Soft-Lock for the best clutch setup on a car that sees both street and strip. Call Tim Haytt (440 254 1311) if/when you decide to go that route. Just remember to drill the adjusting hole in the back of the scattershield. I wouldn't use any other clutch.

I would recommend just going with a straight slick if you are just seeing what times you can get, not worrying about street night rules or such. Generally, they are a little cheaper than DOT tires and realistically you will be using your steel belted radials for everyday driving.

As mentioned, either M/T or hoosier will work. I just installed a set of Hoosier 29x9x15 slicks on our 70 RR, still sorting them. The compound is the D07, which according to their tech was developed specifically for stick cars. I also run tubes. The feedback on the UMTR site is that the Hoosiers like air pressure, I was recommended 16 psi, and a man on the UMTR website with a nice 64 Chevy with a stroked 409 runs 18 psi successfully. The tubes help stiffen the sidewalls, and the higher psi makes the car much less squirrelly. A 9 inch slick will work great with your 10" wheels, you can run higher pressures and still have a flat contact patch. The taller diameter also helps with contact patch. The 29x9-15 on 8" wheels fit fine in the stock wheel wells of a 70 RR with a stock width S60. Not sure of the back space on the rims but it is not much(maybe 3.5"??), the tires could easily go inboard more.

Have fun!!

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite