yet another problem with my 4year headache, i took the 68 coronet out for a spin this weekend, as i backed out of my drive way and started down the road, the steering wheel had a bobble from left to right, it seem to go away the faster i got, however under 30miles hour the bobble was bad,
i put my hands on the top of the tire in the center and put pressure in and out, i felt the tire give in and out a little, i put my hands in the center of the tire and tried to move and could not, when i put pressure on the top of the tire, something is giving a little.

the front end was rebuilt about 6 or 7 years ago, however, the car has not been driven very many miles, so i do not believe it is the front end, it feels like a wheel bearing loose.
i have replaced inner and outer bearings and repacked the bearings about 250miles ago, i have been working on the car for 4years and have not driven it till recent.

what is the best way to figure out what is wrong? i was going to start by tighting up the spindle nut, is the best way is to snug the nut and then back off about a 1/4turn?

Last edited by cornet684me; 09/13/11 12:53 AM.