Quote:

I have been fighting this in my 383 street car (too a tee). I have narrowed it down to the hub on the conv going into the crank, being too small and off centric , and wobbling in there. I had enough of working on it and just drive it now, but at some point when I get fired back up, I'm going to pull the convert and get that machined down, and make a bushing for it. I know a shop teacher from the track that says he has done this repair before with good success .
Again, I have not verified the issue, but am 95% certain that is my problem.

Very interesting. I'd be concerned with damaging the pump or something else on the trans. Hopefully it isn't out enough to do damage.

After I go re-verify that TDC matches the balancer, I'll probably be pulling the transmission. Ugh. I just don't have the drive for this stuff like I used to.

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Just had a thought of something to try before pulling the transmission. Unbolt the converter from the flexplate and give it a spin/whatever. Then, bolt it back up and see if the vibration changes. It bugs me that this wasn't a problem until several months after installing all the new parts.

Last edited by Manifold; 09/13/11 08:24 PM.