Well, summer has almost come and gone. The Mopar Nationals are over and I can again turn my attention to unbolting parts off of my engine and try to fix the overheating problem. All the fixes I did last fall have had no change, the engine is still over heating at idle. The change in water pumps did not solve the issue. The only thing I can think of is that there MUST be a blockage in the coolant jackets in the block. To test this I am planning on installing a specialized part the custom rodders use called "Cool View. See it at "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW7PyU-kPtU&feature=related. It is like a glass thermostat housing that will let you veiw the termostat in operation and the coolant running through it. If I don't have coolant flowing after all that I've done, the coolant blockage has to be in the block. The only other thing I can think of is if the coolant isn't flowing, maybe it could be a defective water pump housing (I've checked everything else) and maybe the coolant is just cavatating in the housing because the clearance is too great between the housing walls and pump impeller (checked the impeller blade diameter to the service manual before installing and it was correct)? I don't know, I'm trying to think outside the box here? Has anyone ever had a defective waterpump housing casting where it wouldn't let the water pump do its job? Still looking for a solution.