Quote:

Quote:

Please stay away from the "engine should run at peak torque rpm blah blah blah" uneducated BS. We all know that's not true in the real world. If it were true, our cars would get amazing mileage at 4000 rpm.

Gee, didn't know it bugged you so much. Thanks for the underhanded compliment.

If you paid attention to what I said in those types of posts, I always used the caveat "within reason" of rpm range, being that even an uneducated BSer can tell that a 4000 rpm torque peak is a stupid place to run a cruise rpm.

That was in no way a compliment. You read that theory somewhere and it stuck in your head. It does not apply to daily driven street vehicles.
DO NOT try to compare stationary engines to vehicle engines. The RPM seldom varies on stationaries and the load is fairly constant, quite the opposite of a street car.

The Imperial made peak torque at 3200 rpm. The car will NOT get it's best mileage at 85 mph. Don't try to convince me otherwise. You'll simply prove yourself a fool. The car is much happier cruising 60 mph at 2200 rpm.

Now, get that garbage out of your head and feel free to excuse yourself from my thread.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon