Quote:

This is where I can stand on my "soap box" Big block, small block, best brand or brand X. If you want to build a low mantainence, fast engine, the costs are going to be fairly close. Price a Bryant or Callies crank, Crower or Oliver rods, Mopar, Keith Black, or other blocks, CFE or equivelent head porters heads , Milodon or equivelent oil pans. I think I'm up to $15K, and I haven't selected a builder yet.

All that just to run high nines??? all I am looking to do is run ten flat with a FACTORY production block but have a little cushion for the hot summer months even if I have to throttle it back to keep from going under in the spring and fall, there is no way I will spend that kind of money on that quality of part just to bracket race on the weekend's if this was a max effort deal then yeah give me the best and the highest dollar part I can get,,I don't even have that quality of stuff in the smallblock I am running now and it will run the number for the most part but I don't like the fact that I don't have that cushion to fall back on,,you see it's a little more than just running that particular number, it a fact that I have never built a big block and would like to get my hand's dirty in one, I think I have the capability to build a good low dollar engine to run where I want it to and not break the bank,or itself I just wanted to hear other peoples opinion's and combo's,,I respect your opinion about using the high dollar internals but that would be a deal breaker for me as I cannot afford the top shelf stuff.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.