Quote:

Quote:

Stay as far away as you can from BDS, Hampton, Weiand, Littlefield and a bunch of others are a lot better From personel expereinces on three BDS street and strip blowers As far as the size I wouuld look at a 8:71 or even a 10:71, if it will fit, the bigger blower will make more pressure at a lower RPM, you won't have to spin the blower real fast to make boost in other words 7 lbs at 150 F at 3000 RPM is way better than 10 lbs at 190 F at 3000 RPM The faster you spin a roots type blower the more heat it will make, added heat makes detonatioon under boost There are coolers tp place between the blower and the intake but most of them restrict the air flow and end up making less power at the same boost, a big interference in the middle IHTHs

your 1st sentence is confusing. do just the BDS blower suck or what?

I edited my first post, I was not clear The first BDS blower leaked grease from the front seals, twice the second one siezed up on the dyno and he redid it saying it was a brand new blower when he brought it back I could see damage to the case and rotors when mounting the injector hat, it lost 5 lbs of boost in 15 minutes of operating it on the dyno while he was trying to dial in the EFI mapping I was pulled off of the project after that and the motor ended up with a Littlefiled 10:71 and ]Motech EFI No problems with Littlefields blowers I put another Littlefield 10:71 on a street and strip 426 hemi two years later and had absolutely zero issues That motor made 925 HP at 7300 RPM with 7 lbs. boost on CA pump gas

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)