Quote:

Quote:

Chrysler motors usually were not drilled for a pilot bushing. How many chrysler imperials did you know with a 4 speed!

Now ask me how I know that.
Built my first engine back in 74 for my GTX. got a junkyard 440 to build. engine all done on the engine stand and now its time to install the pilot bushing.......NOT.

bumps440 good post as would have it I have a Chrysler Newport 440 as my base for my build. I assume its just a little machine shop work to install a pilot bushing?

It may be that simple , if the shop can handle the job . the cranks are drilled but not finished reamed to size and or depth . the simple way around it is to use the late model pilot bushing that fits in the crank register where the torque convertor snout sits. you may more than likely need to trim about 3/8" off the end of the input shaft , easy to do wit ha whizzer wheel just cover the trans well and wrap tape around the end of the bearing retainer to keep that area clean.

Napa used to sell a bearing that would fit the unfinished cranks but the time I tried to buy one it was not the correct part ???