Since many of you seemed to like this rare 4-speed station wagon and have some ties with AMC's I decided to post my progress on this forum,(nice people).

This will be my third 4-speed car, kinda. I learned how to drive a 4-speed with my brothers 1970 440 six pack Challenger.

Next was my 1969 Hurst SC/Rambler

and now my 1967 Ambassador station wagon. Wish it counted but I never drove it just sat in it, 1971 Hemi Cuda 4-speed convertible years ago when it was the "Mountain Mopar" race car from
Clarksburg WV., my hometown.

Hope you enjoy the pictures I will add from time to time and maybe some fun other AMC stuff.
This is just a start for this thread and the car so I'm going to have much fun and learn alot along the way as this will be my first restoration I have done ! A car you can't buy parts for and I'm like most of you on a tight budget but all the time in the world. This car I plan to keep and drive when done. Not a show car but nice rare driver,love that !!!!

Glad too be back, been a few years. Hope all is well for you all !
Hope you like this post. If you have ever heard or seen of another one please let me know.

This is cool !!! I just read a old AMC book that says,
"1967 was unusual that a 4-speed was available in many models with any V-8 bodystyle and seating. This combination could have produced such freaks as a bench-seat Ambasador four-door station wagon with a dual exhaust, 343 ,4bl , 280hp V-8 and a 4-speed on the floor." AMC buyer's guide, 1994.

1967 Ambassador factory 4-speed station wagon 990 , only a few or so ever built this way !!!! " Da ' FREAK " !!!!

Think about it!
A 1967 Ambassador Wagon with a factory installed 343 4bbl, 2.64 1st gear T-10 4 spd, 3.15 limited slip rear, dual exhaust, power disc brakes, quick ratio manual steering, front bench seat all in Barbados Blue paint with a dark blue interior.
There may have only been between 9 to 12, 1967 and 1968 full size wagons built with the 343 4bbl 4 spd combo period. This may be the rarest Regular Production AMC ever built,believed to be the only Ambassador 4-speed wagon survivor. Rarer than the 1969 ½ Hurst prepared SS AMX. or Hurst SC/Rambler !

I used to own a Hust SC/Rambler with Cross-Ram intake and loved it. Some of you will remember my post on that car.
I hope you like it . I look forward to getting this car back on the road and enjoying it for years !!! I will be doing it a friends restoration shop while enjoying other AMX's , SC/Rambler's and more !!!!!!
Thanks,
Matt Wilson
Phoenix,AZ.

DA FREAK,saved from a PA., corn field in 2001,

[image]http://[/image]

Last edited by matt69scrambler; 08/27/11 04:02 PM.