I bored today, so here it goes.

I've always had a soft spot for A12 Bees. Given their current prices/values, I just don't see ever owning a real one. I've been considering the following for a while, let me get your thoughts.

I guess I should say my master plan is to end-up with a 69 1/2 Super Bee clone in F6 green (I think that is the color). Similar to the picture below except w/o A vinyl top, w/o those side scoops, and maybe a white or black/silver interior and white or black stripe. I also really like Q5, although I have never seen an A12 car that color. I know I want a bench seat as well. I would also certainly use a mild build 440 6bbl mated to a 4-speed.

I am thinking about building a clone, not a nut and bolt perfect clone car, but a fairly correct looking car (especially on the outside). Balancing economical and time/effort considerations, what would be the best starting point? A 69 Super Beee, and plain 69 Coronet...?

And based on the starting vehicle what would need for the change to an A12 car, aside from the motor and hood of course. I just don't know these cars well so I am asking the more informed.

Thanks guys.