good answer, but rough rod forgings don't have much extra mass in them. the outer surface you see on the H beam is about the same as what you end up with even after the rest of the machining is done. the final machine process is what really makes the difference in the end anyway.

plum, what do you want? if i posted about failure rates from my own experience, it would be worthless to anyone except me, and ridiculed by some as well. many peoples experiences are based on 1 or 2 engine builds or by the friends they know. my experience has been from over 30 years (whoopty do LOL) building at least 50-70 motors a year. i've said over and over which rods i prefer, and the reasons for my choice. i don't expect anyone to agree with my opinion, or my findings, but if they do, thats great. of course, if they don't, i probably won't change their mind and thats okay too.

all of the rods above are good rods, some are better than the others. if the final machining on those rods was equal, it would make my choice harder on which ones to use by just a tiny bit.