Quote:

Quote:

There are three different pumps,one for the AVS and two for the AFB.AVS is larger in diameter,AFB uses two different length pumps,AVS on right,AFB's on left.The AFB pumps have a check valve in the bottom of the pump,the AVS does not.If you have the correct pump,the pump length adjustment is correct,the connecting link is not installed backwards,the check valve in the driver side bowl to pump well is good,correct fuel level and the needle under the discharge nozzle is in place you should have no problem regardless of what pump you use if it is in good condition.I have been playing with these thing for 40 + years and can honestly say I have never had a pump problem if all the above are correct.I have went as far as soaking dried up leather pumps in oil and reusing them with no problems.

Wow- never seen them compared side-by-side.
I stand corrected- they are different.

Also- there IS a check-valve for the pump on the AVS. It's built into the intake 'jet' at the bottom of the fuel bowl. There is also a ball bearing (or later one's used a brass valve) under the pump's squirter cluster assembly that used gravity to act like a check valve.

I still don't trust the Eddy one. Give me steel/brass and leather over plastic and neoprene every time.

Just my pennies,
CC.

I don't know if the one (original looking in the photo with the Edlbrk above) I took out is leather, think it is rubber??????? Maybe it is leather or it's not an original ???