Okay - so I installed the Milodon pump and experienced the SAME 220 degree temperatures.

Here's my thoughts:

I bought the car in 2000 and it had not be driven since 1985. I then did nothing with it until 2009 when I drove it to Monster Mopar Weekend in St. Louis. So for 24 years, it hadn't been driven. I flushed the engine, installed a new radiator, hoses, thermostat and water pump. I drove it from Knoxville, Tn to St. Louis and back (1200 miles) with no problems. I park the car (2009) and then drive the car 2 years later (this month). NOW, I am experiencing overheating problems. No change in timing, thermostat stove-top-verified, new coolant flush, new water pump - and still overheating.

It is my belief that after 24 years of not running (even after a coolant flush) and driving it 1200 miles and then parking it - that rust broke loose throughout the coolant system and has compromised the new radiator.....

I'm taking the radiator back to the shop that rebuilt it and have them flow test it and clean it/re-rod-it/what-ever-they-do-to-them-to-fix-them and try THAT.

This HAS to be it! (PS - I pressure tested the system to 18 lbs and it held for 2 hours.)

I will keep you posted!!!

Thanks everyone.

Wile E. Coyote
Super Genius, Lover of FCA US LLC Products
68 Road Runner (440 4-spd), 71 Superbee (383 slap), 71 Charger 500 (383 4-spd wA/C 1of 182), 72 Imperial, 74 Charger SE (440 sunroof), 84 D350 Crew-cab Dually (440), 75 D300 Dually Tandem (318 4-speed)