We turned the 481 to 7500 RPM, peak HP is @ 7200 RPM. I will get dyno sheet up tonight if I have time, just spent a week with a 388" W7 motor on dyno that has occupied more time than I wanted.

I think 880 is about all you could ever ask to get out of a 2.16" valve Nascar truck W8. These were 15 degree Virgin Nascar truck heads from 2001, not CFE 10-13 degree moved Center 2.225 or 2.25" valve heads. The Truck heads have ~2.75" of CSA, the CFE's are anywhere from 3.0-3.25" depending on application, I would have loved to had a set on this motor for more power, but they are hard to find used & not many are willing to pony up the $ for a new set. (besides finding new castings with no spark plug holes is very difficult as well) Also all the ones I ever ever worked on & seen have had significant reliability issues due to everything being paper thin... This motor is for a part time, non points chasing bracket car that has to make 100-150 passes a year, I can't have the heads leaking water & off motor every couple of weeks. Our plan is to freshen this motor every 2 years.