Only got a second for a quick update.

The best pass I could get the whole weekend was 11.78 (spiining a little, 1.90 60 ft.) 95mph-1/8 118-1/4. I weighed the car at the track, 3550 race weight.

There were three thing different than on the dyno.

1) 2ft. of open pipe on the dyno instead of full exhaust on car.

2) Fuel supply from regulator back (I am running a 3/8 line with a single holley blue pump at the tank with a 3/8 pickup)

3) Ignition, I ran my distributor on the dyno with the shops MSD ignition box and coil. I am running a SMP LX101 (same thing as a MP chrome box) with a jacobs coil.

Needless to say I was dissapointed but it was the first time out with this motor, need to try some things but my gut says there is not 1/2 a second left in it, but I hope I'm wrong.

I have an LM-1 but the plug is frozen in the bung so no A/F measurements.

I did see a mid seventies GTO (Nova) running it looked like it had a BB pontiac not a SB chevy. I saw some low 12 second passes later he was running slicks running low 11's. Dave said he dropped out and was just making some passes.

We pitted next to Bob K and got to get to chat with him and his daughter a little bit, very friendly guy, I asked about Tom Hoover and he had many good things to say.

Hope all that went had a good time racing and watching.

Last edited by Rapid340; 06/26/11 02:28 PM.

1971 Factory Appearing Duster 340 11.000 @ 122 mph