Quote:

I think the 3/4" rear bar would compliment what he has now. Those cars really needed a rear bar for balance.
I had the 69 RR large factory bar on the front of my hot rod. It didn't like turning with enthusiasm. Adding the rear bar made a big difference. I like it much better now.

I would add the Firm Feel bar to what he has. The biggest thing he could do to increase the stability of the car would be adding subframe connectors. That chassis is floppy! Tightening the chassis would make a night and day difference.

Thank you for the encouragement and advice. My Road Runner also has the large diameter bar paired with poly-graphite end links and I'm hoping the addition of the rear bar will really bring the handling up a notch. Most of the body roll certainly seems to come from the rear of the car, not the front.

I'm not really interested in installing subframe connectors. I don't want to cut the floors or weld anything. Bottom line is I'm just trying to get a more pleasant and confidently-handling cruiser from the addition of the rear bar. I'm not trying to go autocrossing (not just yet, anyway).