Hand turn the crank till the dampener is at 10BTDC. turn dist till the magnet is dead even w the nearest tooth AND the rotor is at (or near to) #6 (assuming you're still at 6 and 12 o'clock "dot to dot" on the tim gears) AND the vac can is located correctly (has room to b turned each way). As said snug on the clamp/light hooked up. A dial back is good as you want to go to 35 when it fires & if no DB make a mark on the dampener 2 & 1/4" CW from the TDC slit & that's 35.5 deg & w your vac adv plugged that'll b perfect for breakin. Some ring break in info that may interest you. "break in secrets" at www.mototuneusa.com. I would suggest: stat out, large shop fan in front of radiator, front of car jacked as far up as possible (air pockets), rear wheels just off the ground on heavy duty jack stands w a heavy duty floor hyd jack under/just touching the 3rd member for addit'l safety and start it in gear to load it, several helpers; one to man the tim light, one to add trans fluid, one to check for leaks up top, one to check for leaks underneath, you in the drivers seat to watch the gauges/monitor your helpers/shout orders. Any probs shut if off immed/fix it/restart to 2500 rpm. Almost forgot,light breakin springs for the cam, 4 or 5 pumps of gas, jetting in the ballpark, def not way rich. EDIT that's 10BTDC #6 compression but I'm assuming w the rotor at #6 that you ain't 180 out but as you know cant afford any snafu's on cam break in. Good break in oil. & if adjustable valves (solids) I like to adj them then remove the rocker arm assy's then goop the cam then reinstall the rockers as this will not ch your settings and alot of hand turning can wipe off too much lube. Good luck w it.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 05/30/11 09:42 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth