Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: More missing screws: '71 B Body Rallye Cluster dash [Re: NachoRT74] #2592129
12/14/18 11:32 PM
12/14/18 11:32 PM
So Cal, USA
Fab64 Offline OP
super stock
Fab64  Offline OP
super stock

So Cal, USA
Thanks guys for the additional info, and for all the help. Further investigation today confirms that the u-nuts are not in place on my bezel.

A little history: my car was born a Satellite Sebring Plus (made into a RR clone/tribute by the prior owner, also a former Moparts member). I believe the Rallye Cluster instrument panel was an option on this car, correct? Decoding the data plate on my car does *not* show Rallye Cluster. An old picture I got from the PO (below) shows a Rallye bezel sitting in the trunk, with no instrument housing behind it. I suspect the PO likely put it together from different sources and was either unaware (as was I), or failed to notice the absence, of the u-nuts on the bezel's lower tabs.

At this point, I really don't want to pull the bezel/cluster out to install the u-nuts - my panel wiring is connected, radio installed, and I'm afraid I'll scratch my freshly-painted dash frame. It looks like the bezel/cluster is resting against the pads on the dash frame where the lower screws go, and it doesn't appear to be sticking out on the passenger compartment side. I found that I can insert a screw in one of the lower holes, pulling the bezel in fairly snugly, and I think that will be satisfactory. This is not a concours restoration, just a clean driver.

So thanks again - this board continues to be an invaluable information resource! beer

IMG_1597.jpeg
Re: More missing screws: '71 B Body Rallye Cluster dash [Re: Fab64] #2592162
12/15/18 01:36 AM
12/15/18 01:36 AM
Valencia, España
NachoRT74 Offline
master
NachoRT74  Offline
master

Valencia, España
actually you could just remove radio and loosen the cluster. That could be enough pull out a bit the cluster assembly... then be able to reach that area

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela
Page 2 of 2 1 2