Moparts

69 Super Bee side scoop qwestion??

Posted By: BFASTER

69 Super Bee side scoop qwestion?? - 12/06/11 05:31 AM

I know...its 'question'. Just being stupid.
Anyhow, is there anything that goes between the fiberglass side scoop and 1/4 panel? Like a thin felt gasket, or maybe some washers at the base of the studs. It just seems weird to be bolted together without something there. I guess it doesnt matter if you indent the paint if the scoops will always be there!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 69 Super Bee side scoop qwestion?? - 12/06/11 03:21 PM

Posted By: Dabee

Re: 69 Super Bee side scoop qwestion?? - 12/06/11 10:35 PM

Last time I had mine off was in 92, but based on the attached file and my memory there is no gasket under the stud. The nut has a seal built into it. As I recall the seal was putty on the face of the nut. I would use silicon under the nut or us the washers with the rubber seal on them to seal any water from getting inside. You ca get the washers at Lowes.

Attached File
6954102-sidescoop026.pdf  (128 downloads)
Posted By: moparmikethree

Re: 69 Super Bee side scoop qwestion?? - 12/07/11 03:50 AM

the anwer to your qwestion is go to the Home Boy Depot in Harrisburg Pa.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 69 Super Bee side scoop qwestion?? - 12/07/11 03:09 PM

Quote:

Last time I had mine off was in 92, but based on the attached file and my memory there is no gasket under the stud. The nut has a seal built into it. As I recall the seal was putty on the face of the nut. I would use silicon under the nut or us the washers with the rubber seal on them to seal any water from getting inside. You ca get the washers at Lowes.

This makes sense , I guess I could have pulled out my FSM to check .

I'd use a sealed in the nut instead of adding a washer wit ha rubber seal that is destined to fail , they don't make rubber like they used to.

© 2024 Moparts Forums