01/12/18 03:12 PM
01/12/18 03:12 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline OP
master
dvw  Offline OP
master

MI, usa
Check page 4 in the race section. .50 cents on the dollar. Many parts are new.
Doug

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433447
01/12/18 03:42 PM
01/12/18 03:42 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Hell PM myself and Ill make you a deal that's better than .50 on the dollar for a complete Predator....

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433652
01/12/18 11:18 PM
01/12/18 11:18 PM

S
Superfreak
Unregistered
Superfreak
Unregistered
S

There is no page 4

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433677
01/13/18 12:09 AM
01/13/18 12:09 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Bosak's motor? Those guys run nice stuff.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433682
01/13/18 12:13 AM
01/13/18 12:13 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline OP
master
dvw  Offline OP
master

MI, usa

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433718
01/13/18 01:59 AM
01/13/18 01:59 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Originally Posted By dvw

One hell of a deal up up

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: Al_Alguire] #2433837
01/13/18 12:19 PM
01/13/18 12:19 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Hell PM myself and Ill make you a deal that's better than .50 on the dollar for a complete Predator....

Always wanted one of those.....

I get tired if listing anything on here. Everyone wants it super cheap. Gave up trying to sell my Hemi on here. Buncha cheap bastids.

'70 Cuda,...605 EFI Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown 440 Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433888
01/13/18 02:09 PM
01/13/18 02:09 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Well I would sell the predator for less than the sum of its parts. That's only because if I tried to get 50% of the money I have invested I would likely not even get ONE call. I know this and understand the market. I would love to find a buyer but I am sure I am committed to it for the long haul. People have no idea the cost involved to build an NA Mopar to this point.

I honestly have gotten my asking price on here probably 95% of the time if not more. But I feel I ask more than a fair price when its time to sell stuff. I am not looking to try and recoup a ton of money just selling stuff I no longer need, do not want, or did not work for use for what we were trying to do. Most things I sell are ready to use as well, but not always. For instance when I sell a set of heads they are fresh from the machine shop, every coil over shock I have sold has been fresh from a rebuild, every converter has either been fresh from a check up of very limited number of passes on it. When I get back to Vegas and have time to inventory I will be listing a fair amount of stuff for sale. Blocks, heads, cranks lifters etc. Just need more room. Prices will be fair and I suspect I wont have an issue selling the vast majority of it. Would love to make someone a package deal for ALL my Mopar stuff less the Predator. B1 heads, Indy heads, cams, cranks, oiling systems, Intakes, Blocks etc etc..But I know that is quite unlikely to happen, but I would make them a hell of a deal

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433918
01/13/18 02:56 PM
01/13/18 02:56 PM

S
Superfreak
Unregistered
Superfreak
Unregistered
S

Al,
let me know if you have any 4.5 hemi cranks that would be good for a roots blown application.

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2433995
01/13/18 05:53 PM
01/13/18 05:53 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
For the small block guys in the 800+HP area...Do we consider the R5P7 route a good (better) alternative to the LA R block, W head approach from a cost, reliability, maintenance, point of view? Seems the NASCAR stuff is more plentiful, easy to find and cheap compared to scrounging a good R block and decent set of W heads. I can't imagine having a problem going 150-200 runs without having to work on it, as long as you don't get out of hand with the RPMs.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: Al_Alguire] #2434113
01/13/18 09:30 PM
01/13/18 09:30 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Originally Posted By Al_Alguire
Well I would sell the predator for less than the sum of its parts. That's only because if I tried to get 50% of the money I have invested I would likely not even get ONE call. I know this and understand the market. I would love to find a buyer but I am sure I am committed to it for the long haul. People have no idea the cost involved to build an NA Mopar to this point.

I honestly have gotten my asking price on here probably 95% of the time if not more. But I feel I ask more than a fair price when its time to sell stuff. I am not looking to try and recoup a ton of money just selling stuff I no longer need, do not want, or did not work for use for what we were trying to do. Most things I sell are ready to use as well, but not always. For instance when I sell a set of heads they are fresh from the machine shop, every coil over shock I have sold has been fresh from a rebuild, every converter has either been fresh from a check up of very limited number of passes on it. When I get back to Vegas and have time to inventory I will be listing a fair amount of stuff for sale. Blocks, heads, cranks lifters etc. Just need more room. Prices will be fair and I suspect I wont have an issue selling the vast majority of it. Would love to make someone a package deal for ALL my Mopar stuff less the Predator. B1 heads, Indy heads, cams, cranks, oiling systems, Intakes, Blocks etc etc..But I know that is quite unlikely to happen, but I would make them a hell of a deal

Always appreciate the honesty...I could not afford to let my big stuff go at 50% value or less. My stuff is also generally ready to go...And its always maintained. I sell on other sites with a lot better success than this site. Guys always want Hemis at wedge prices...go buy a wedge then.

The big Hemi is probably my last big dollar engine. Its tough to get parts for, and none of them are cheap. If I had it to do over, I should have just bit the bullet and gone G3 sooner...I missed out on this whole season with my Cuda this year. Not doing that again. I will miss the HP of the big Hemi, but not the lack of reliability. So this season will be interesting as the big Hemi is back in the car, but I am getting a back up engine ready...And yes, its a G3! Would really love to do Drag Week.

As for buying parts on this sight, I have been bit a few times with bad deals. I will no longer buy ANY transmission stuff used. Had a member on here get me real good with one...Was total junk and not cheap. I will buy parts here and there, but not much else off here. Trust is earned....and money is always tight for a hobby that gives as well as takes.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this hobby, but there are days, I just have to walk away and take a breather once in a while.

So the beast is still for sale, I am just not advertising it right now.

Last edited by Dragula; 01/13/18 09:33 PM.

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2434167
01/13/18 11:38 PM
01/13/18 11:38 PM
Minnesota
Hemi_Joel Offline
master
Hemi_Joel  Offline
master

Minnesota

Wedge stuff is always a lost cause on resale. Hemi stuff is expensive to buy, but generally holds a bigger percentage of it's value at resale time. Because they are viewed as cost prohibitive, lots of guys want to build a hemi for less than retail by scrounging. That props up the used parts pricing. I see rocker gear, heads, and blocks selling for 75% of new or more.

Drag, the issue with selling your hemi on Moparts, is that everybody has seen the problems thru your post. People are scared to buy problems. I hope you have the very best luck with it now.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: max_maniac] #2434171
01/13/18 11:43 PM
01/13/18 11:43 PM
Canton, Ohio
S
Sport440 Offline
master
Sport440  Offline
master
S

Canton, Ohio
Originally Posted By max_maniac
Originally Posted By dvw

One hell of a deal up up

Third post down I see a $50 carb adapter.

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: Sport440] #2434362
01/14/18 12:47 PM
01/14/18 12:47 PM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Originally Posted By Sport440
Originally Posted By max_maniac
Originally Posted By dvw

One hell of a deal up up

Third post down I see a $50 carb adapter.

On mine the 3rd post down on page 2 shows this:

Unassembled and fresh from machine shop(Opel Engineering) 622-13 heads ported with new springs & valve job, Jesel rockers, new Indy maxx block, new Callies crank, new GRP rods, like new Ross pistons, new rings & bearings, Comp lifters, Trend push rods, Indy/Cam Motion custom grind cam, Hogans sheet metal intake, Pro System SV1 carbs. Just add your belt drive and oiling system for a complete motor. This motor ran 7.40 in a 2250lb car. Running Hemi's now and was going to keep this for index racing but plans changed.15k firm
alex@atrendz.com

I guess you could have your settings different.....

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: Hemi_Joel] #2434445
01/14/18 03:10 PM
01/14/18 03:10 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel

Wedge stuff is always a lost cause on resale. Hemi stuff is expensive to buy, but generally holds a bigger percentage of it's value at resale time. Because they are viewed as cost prohibitive, lots of guys want to build a hemi for less than retail by scrounging. That props up the used parts pricing. I see rocker gear, heads, and blocks selling for 75% of new or more.

Drag, the issue with selling your hemi on Moparts, is that everybody has seen the problems thru your post. People are scared to buy problems. I hope you have the very best luck with it now.

Not all builds are trouble free and maybe I am too honest...But some builds, involve a lot of learning. If the weather was more cooperating, it would already be running...Very much looking forward to it actually moving under its own power again.

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2434453
01/14/18 03:21 PM
01/14/18 03:21 PM
Charlotte, North Carolina
sgcuda Offline
master
sgcuda  Offline
master

Charlotte, North Carolina
I have found that most guys on here are fair, and legit. Todays economy is causing everyone to squeeze for the best deal. I have seen it with friends selling Ford stuff, I have seen it in real estate, I see it all the time at work. It's a matter of if you can manage to do what you want with the money that your stuff will bring you. I don't sell stuff with a given number to start (50% of my original cost, etc.) I look at what my next move is, and how much I have to invest after I sell what I have. Sometimes I can sell quick, sometimes I can't. High end race stuff is always high dollar, and most of the time, out of reach of the average guy. I try to market within range and within my needs.
As far as the guys that sell stuff that isn't what they say it is, yeah, those guys are dirt. But it happens. I bought my block on RJ. It was only supposed to need a sleeve or two due to a broken rod. Then, after purchase, I find out that the lifter oil galley is damaged. Did he know? I will never know.
If I can afford stuff on this site from people I have already had contact with in the past, everything seems to go flawlessly. But life has always been a crapshoot.

[image][/image]
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: sgcuda] #2434609
01/14/18 08:40 PM
01/14/18 08:40 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Originally Posted By sgcuda
I have found that most guys on here are fair, and legit. Todays economy is causing everyone to squeeze for the best deal. I have seen it with friends selling Ford stuff, I have seen it in real estate, I see it all the time at work. It's a matter of if you can manage to do what you want with the money that your stuff will bring you. I don't sell stuff with a given number to start (50% of my original cost, etc.) I look at what my next move is, and how much I have to invest after I sell what I have. Sometimes I can sell quick, sometimes I can't. High end race stuff is always high dollar, and most of the time, out of reach of the average guy. I try to market within range and within my needs.
As far as the guys that sell stuff that isn't what they say it is, yeah, those guys are dirt. But it happens. I bought my block on RJ. It was only supposed to need a sleeve or two due to a broken rod. Then, after purchase, I find out that the lifter oil galley is damaged. Did he know? I will never know.
If I can afford stuff on this site from people I have already had contact with in the past, everything seems to go flawlessly. But life has always been a crapshoot.

^
What he said. Everyone needs to look at what something is worth to them and what their willing to accept, along with what a reasonable offer is based on the piece of equipment costs to really build. There have been lots of times I haven't offered less than the asking price simply because I know what something is worth, and people have done the same with me. I don't ever list anything I have to sell to continue racing.
I sell stuff I don't use anymore or it's in the way and I could use the money. There are some bottom feeders here and also some good people looking for a bit of a deal on parts. I have sold and bought a lot of parts here as well. That 622 deal is a great price if that's what your looking for. Only 1 head fits that block and only one block fits that head, but I'm sure it was somewhere around $35,000 or more new. The price is more than fair. I appreciate Moparts for giving us a forum to sell parts, gain knowledge, buy, and sell parts. It's a great site and even if I do go to another style of "purpose built race engine" I will continue to come to this site. Mopar is in my blood. The issue is, I can't continue to financially do R&D for the Fiat, Indy, Daimler folks and IMO, they are not what Mopar is all about. Nuff said.

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: camastomcat] #2434633
01/14/18 09:54 PM
01/14/18 09:54 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By camastomcat
Originally Posted By sgcuda

^
What he said. Everyone needs to look at what something is worth to them and what their willing to accept, along with what a reasonable offer is based on the piece of equipment costs to really build. There have been lots of times I haven't offered less than the asking price simply because I know what something is worth, and people have done the same with me. I don't ever list anything I have to sell to continue racing.
I sell stuff I don't use anymore or it's in the way and I could use the money. There are some bottom feeders here and also some good people looking for a bit of a deal on parts. I have sold and bought a lot of parts here as well. That 622 deal is a great price if that's what your looking for. Only 1 head fits that block and only one block fits that head, but I'm sure it was somewhere around $35,000 or more new. The price is more than fair. I appreciate Moparts for giving us a forum to sell parts, gain knowledge, buy, and sell parts. It's a great site and even if I do go to another style of "purpose built race engine" I will continue to come to this site. Mopar is in my blood. The issue is, I can't continue to financially do R&D for the Fiat, Indy, Daimler folks and IMO, they are not what Mopar is all about. Nuff said.

Well said.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: dvw] #2434842
01/15/18 04:14 AM
01/15/18 04:14 AM
Cotati, CA
Dave Hall Offline
top fuel
Dave Hall  Offline
top fuel

Cotati, CA
Uh, there are no deals on big power. You can make an honest 600 + hp for about 8-10,000 bucks. By the time you get that big Indy engine together you will have 25K easy. Still better than the sum of it's parts but that's a big investment on used stuff...

Re: For those of you that think there are no deals on big power [Re: Dave Hall] #2434947
01/15/18 12:56 PM
01/15/18 12:56 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i have always had to look for deals for a myriad of reasons my entire life, even though i had a super job at the same place for 42 1/2 years. that [is one of] the main reason[s] being my wife of 38 years comes first before toys for me, and projects therefore, take many years to complete. one chapter of life will hopefully come to a close in the months ahead, and my plan is to pay a visit to our own bob george with the hope of gaining someone's outdated items to power my humpback and charger at prices that i can comfortably afford, and not feel guilty about diverting needed funds from our necessities. in the meantime, i an cleaning house of all the "stuff" accumulated over 45+ years of acting like the depression survivors i grew up around, hauling home anything and everything someone tossed, knowing that stuff HAS to have a use for SOMETHING ! i know i work cheaper than anyone on the planet, the amount of work required to make a couple of bucks to put into toys without taking from the household budget. laugh2
beer

Page 1 of 2 1 2