Performance Only Offline
top fuel
Performance Only  Offline
top fuel
P

Delray beach, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

BTW, I used the Wallace ET to HP formulas and it showed 564 rear wheel HP and 596 flywheel HP from the weigt and MPH, it does not allow for weather conditions, elevation or any of the other things that need to be used to get a accurate comparision of perforamnce for different tracks, elevation, weather, traction and so on So what good is it

so in other words, the wallace calculator and i seem to agree it's not one of those 700 hp combo's like you said early on in the thread.

It is what it is is what I said Is the Wallaace claculator your only reference for HP, Torque, ET and so on It is not mine, I post what the dyno sheets say No fudgeing, no fooling with the numbers or any other ego stroking measures Just the facts, Dan BTW take my numbers and run it on one of the other calculators like the Moroso slide stick, Isky or one of the other ones out there. Does that make the results less valid NO It is what I say it is

Cab, your absolutely right, it is what it is. maybe one of those other calculators will give 100 horsepower more. did you try it? i guess it just makes me wonder why all those 700+ horsepower motors always run like 600 horsepower motors. i'm sure there's a logical explanation out there somewhere. probably just the tires or the density altitude or the smallish cam with low compression and small carb, or the sun setting in the west or something like that.
don't get upset, my ribbing is all in fun.
i'm sure on better day it would pick up those missing 7 MPH.

machine shop owner and engine builder
Re: CAB, how did the duster run at MATS? [Re: Performance Only] #972676
04/23/11 06:48 PM
04/23/11 06:48 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Damn Dan, bustin ol Cab`s chops pretty heavily lately........

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: CAB, how did the duster run at MATS? [Re: Thumperdart] #972677
04/23/11 08:10 PM
04/23/11 08:10 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

what you takin about, you have one of dem 700hp motors also

Re: CAB, how did the duster run at MATS? [Re: Cab_Burge] #972678
04/23/11 11:40 PM
04/23/11 11:40 PM
Riverside, Ca
G
G_bob Offline
master
G_bob  Offline
master
G

Riverside, Ca
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had a customer with a 750HP BB in a 3650lb. car go 133mph at MATS a couple of years ago...D.A. was 4200ft. at the time.

I didn't see your yellow car there at that race,was it? I have learned over the years that you canot compare one cars performance to another, even racing at the same track with different weather conditions on a different day or the same car at the same track with different weather conditions because of the impact weather has on our race cars My car ran what it did, that motor had a different set of heads, fresh M.W. Indy SR on 1 400-1 intake with a Holley 4781-7 carb with stock jetting than it had when I dyno tested it the last time I am not sure how much power it will make on a dyno if I retested it, which I am not planning on.It is a pump gas motor and all three runs where made with the mufflers and air cleaner on The wind was blowing both days, it was humid and low B.P. 26.90 on Friday I have that motor sold to a local bracket racer so I am not setting it up for kill, there is no need for it. It will be way faster than his previuos motor and it will be in a lighter car, it should run at the bottom of the pro bracket (.650 in the 1/8th)at the local track, which is what he wants Any other comments BTW, I used the Wallace ET to HP formulas and it showed 564 rear wheel HP and 596 flywheel HP from the weigt and MPH, it does not allow for weather conditions, elevation or any of the other things that need to be used to get a accurate comparision of perforamnce for different tracks, elevation, weather, traction and so on So what good is it

If you're talking about my yellow car, no, it wasn't there this year. We brought the wife's fury vert out for the first time. I came over and said hello Sat. morning.

My was because I was wondering if it was my car being referred to.

Re: CAB, how did the duster run at MATS? [Re: G_bob] #972679
04/24/11 12:22 AM
04/24/11 12:22 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had a customer with a 750HP BB in a 3650lb. car go 133mph at MATS a couple of years ago...D.A. was 4200ft. at the time.

I didn't see your yellow car there at that race,was it? I have learned over the years that you canot compare one cars performance to another, even racing at the same track with different weather conditions on a different day or the same car at the same track with different weather conditions because of the impact weather has on our race cars My car ran what it did, that motor had a different set of heads, fresh M.W. Indy SR on 1 400-1 intake with a Holley 4781-7 carb with stock jetting than it had when I dyno tested it the last time I am not sure how much power it will make on a dyno if I retested it, which I am not planning on.It is a pump gas motor and all three runs where made with the mufflers and air cleaner on The wind was blowing both days, it was humid and low B.P. 26.90 on Friday I have that motor sold to a local bracket racer so I am not setting it up for kill, there is no need for it. It will be way faster than his previuos motor and it will be in a lighter car, it should run at the bottom of the pro bracket (.650 in the 1/8th)at the local track, which is what he wants Any other comments BTW, I used the Wallace ET to HP formulas and it showed 564 rear wheel HP and 596 flywheel HP from the weigt and MPH, it does not allow for weather conditions, elevation or any of the other things that need to be used to get a accurate comparision of perforamnce for different tracks, elevation, weather, traction and so on So what good is it

If you're talking about my yellow car, no, it wasn't there this year. We brought the wife's fury vert out for the first time. I came over and said hello Sat. morning.

My was because I was wondering if it was my car being referred to.

I assume it was, sorry I can't let Dan sit to long without revving him up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: CAB, how did the duster run at MATS? [Re: Quicktree] #972680
04/24/11 12:42 AM
04/24/11 12:42 AM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

Quote:

what you takin about, you have one of dem 700hp motors also

I never claimed 700hp just a 9-second street car that doesn`t hook..........your words.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2