07/25/08 10:26 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Thanks for all the info and advice guys.
Today was a busy car working day which hasn't happend in a long time.
I've got the scratched and bloody knuckles to prove it.
I have a very good bodyman that's going to be looking at the car real soon.
I started disassembling the wife's Challenger and hope to have the engine out by next week. I'm starting to think it might be best to pull the front fenders off the car to avoid damaging them. I just got home from picking up my new (to me) enclosed trailer so I now have a way of transporting the car(s) anywhere I need to take them

Man I hope you are takin many pictures of the car before you take apart. Is it original paint/motor on/in the car?

Trailer looks nice!

Re: Is painting an engine compartment that difficult? [Re: KillerBee] #93446
07/25/08 11:51 PM
07/25/08 11:51 PM
Ohio
dobie Offline
super stock
dobie  Offline
super stock

Ohio
That's a great looking car! If all goes well, I hope to see it when she's around.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 383 4 speed
Re: Is painting an engine compartment that difficult? [Re: Challenger 1] #93447
07/26/08 12:18 AM
07/26/08 12:18 AM
N.E. Ohio
K
KillerBee Offline OP
master
KillerBee  Offline OP
master
K

N.E. Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for all the info and advice guys.
Today was a busy car working day which hasn't happend in a long time.
I've got the scratched and bloody knuckles to prove it.
I have a very good bodyman that's going to be looking at the car real soon.
I started disassembling the wife's Challenger and hope to have the engine out by next week. I'm starting to think it might be best to pull the front fenders off the car to avoid damaging them. I just got home from picking up my new (to me) enclosed trailer so I now have a way of transporting the car(s) anywhere I need to take them

Man I hope you are takin many pictures of the car before you take apart. Is it original paint/motor on/in the car?

Trailer looks nice!

Thanks.
This particular car is an original R/T Challenger but a long way from the way it was new.
Original 340 car brought up to Ohio from Arizona in the early 80's. Fender tag, no build sheet.
Original triple F7 green with black side stripe.
Car was rust free but had typical Arizona cooked interior. It was restored in the 80's by the wife's late father who let her pick the color and converted the interior to black with NOS parts.
This car has not been driven at all in the last 8-9 years and rarely before that. Car still has alot of the 80's resto influence on it which I'm going to change slightly. I'm hoping to convert it to power steering(Firm Feel box) to make it easier for the wife to drive. I'm also thinking of going with a repop elastmeric front bumper and one of the new Shaker hood setups.

The other 71 R/T is an original FC7 plum crazy car, 4 speed, 383 big block. Fender tag, build sheet, #'s tranny, Govier decode and my personal favorite, cool plaid cloth insert seats. This one is much closer to original. It also has a late build date.

Page 2 of 2 1 2