Q
QuickBpBp Offline OP
master
QuickBpBp  Offline OP
master
Q

SE PA.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-71-...=item53d80b4d6a

Has anyone bought a set of these or know how the appearance and fit is? I e-mailed to ask how they are made cause I do not want resin poured. Thanks in advance....

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: QuickBpBp] #921376
02/05/11 01:12 AM
02/05/11 01:12 AM
Washougal,Wa
D
Dodge Offline
super stock
Dodge  Offline
super stock
D

Washougal,Wa
X2

Stand behind your word
Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: QuickBpBp] #921377
02/05/11 03:20 AM
02/05/11 03:20 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Can't vouch for Vans lenses,...but Can for the one's from Mike Ross at BEAParts, both the 71 RR lenses and the 71 GTX lenses/frames were just as good as factory, if not better, fit and finish were top notch.....I'd spend my money with BEAParts

Mike

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: DAYCLONA] #921378
02/05/11 12:08 PM
02/05/11 12:08 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline OP
master
QuickBpBp  Offline OP
master
Q

SE PA.
Mike,
I know BEA's to be nice reproductions. I am just curious as to these. I also not care for the Customer service I got a BEA at the Nats in Ohio this past year. Needed a set of sidemarkers so I went there. When I told them all the 71 RR sidemarkers the lenses were upside down in the housing I was told no they are not,made from an nos one After realizing I was right I was told they were still FULL price. I was told then I could either mount them upside in the fenders and qtrs with wiring/bulb on top or pop the lenses out,re-silicone them and install the lenses CORRECTLY myself,I said what if one cracks? Then you'll have to buy another marker...Either way the price is the same....I said Well You had a good 50% chance of getting it right and then I left....

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: QuickBpBp] #921379
02/05/11 07:02 PM
02/05/11 07:02 PM
TP Exit 7, NJ, USA
DANA60 Offline
mopar
DANA60  Offline
mopar

TP Exit 7, NJ, USA
I bought mine at PG Classic years ago and they look and fit right on. I think they are the same as BE A. The side markers I bought at the same time are upside down as well, but are nice considering.

6458962-IMG_2775_1_1.JPG (81 downloads)
Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: DANA60] #921380
02/05/11 08:06 PM
02/05/11 08:06 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
All original factory lenses were injection molded in acrylic thermopolymer plastic. The only reproductions I've seen by any vendor done the same way were done by BEA/PG Classics, all of the rest I've seen have been made from cast resin which APPEARS to be the same as original but has none of the original properties of original lenses. Buyer beware!

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #921381
02/06/11 12:15 AM
02/06/11 12:15 AM
Southern Indiana
75RoadRunner Offline
enthusiast
75RoadRunner  Offline
enthusiast

Southern Indiana
I bought a set from Dale's Cuda Shop and couldn't be happier with them. Fit and finish are top notch. And they are injection molded as originals were.

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: 75RoadRunner] #921382
02/06/11 12:26 AM
02/06/11 12:26 AM
Belleville Il
D
Dingmaster Offline
mopar
Dingmaster  Offline
mopar
D

Belleville Il
So is someone makeing left and right lenses now?
When the good injection molded lenses 1st hit the market they only tooled one side. That's fine if you have a roadunner or satellite. but the GTX and seibring plus used the moldings and they would not both fit the same side lens.
Now that the GTX SP moldings are available I wonder if they are actually the same side. to fit one lens? Or did they tool up a left and right.

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: Dingmaster] #921383
02/06/11 12:38 AM
02/06/11 12:38 AM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline OP
master
QuickBpBp  Offline OP
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

So is someone makeing left and right lenses now?
When the good injection molded lenses 1st hit the market they only tooled one side. That's fine if you have a roadunner or satellite. but the GTX and seibring plus used the moldings and they would not both fit the same side lens.
Now that the GTX SP moldings are available I wonder if they are actually the same side. to fit one lens? Or did they tool up a left and right.

This is correct. I heard a guy at the Carlisle show a year or 2 ago who bought the lenses and had a mint set of original bezels but cracked the lense trying to put the bezels on and was told he didn't know what he was doing. I then told him no you just have to use 2 of the same side bezels cause only one side lense was made...he wasn't to happy when he learned that and headed over to talk about it...He was

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: QuickBpBp] #921384
02/06/11 06:36 PM
02/06/11 06:36 PM
jersey shore
F
flypaper Offline
I hate Texas
flypaper  Offline
I hate Texas
F

jersey shore
reading thru this thread makes
the time and money i spent to look for and buy
nos well worth the effort
what gets me is i see some repo's advertised for
almost the same as i paid for nos

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: QuickBpBp] #921385
02/06/11 07:14 PM
02/06/11 07:14 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Mike,
I know BEA's to be nice reproductions. I am just curious as to these. I also not care for the Customer service I got a BEA at the Nats in Ohio this past year. Needed a set of sidemarkers so I went there. When I told them all the 71 RR sidemarkers the lenses were upside down in the housing I was told no they are not,made from an nos one After realizing I was right I was told they were still FULL price. I was told then I could either mount them upside in the fenders and qtrs with wiring/bulb on top or pop the lenses out,re-silicone them and install the lenses CORRECTLY myself,I said what if one cracks? Then you'll have to buy another marker...Either way the price is the same....I said Well You had a good 50% chance of getting it right and then I left....

Brett, the BEAparts 71 RR/GTX side markers were used in a very high profile build that I did, and yes the part numbers were upside down on the lenses, no big deal IMHO, and I mentioned it to Mike Ross as a FYI (seen many OE/Gold/Survivor type cars with factory side marker assys, or lenses installed "upside down")...and after many years no one ever noticed/mentioned it...at best a "pet peeve"...

regarding the BEAparts RR or GTX lights/benzel, yes only one side made, but due to the symetry of the light design, they work on either side, again no one ever noticed/mentioned

As far as customer service from BEAparts, I've never gotten anything but prompt and courteous service from them in my experience, but then again I'm aware everyone has their own "level" of how they think they should be treated

Mike

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: Dingmaster] #921386
02/06/11 07:17 PM
02/06/11 07:17 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
Quote:

I bought a set from Dale's Cuda Shop and couldn't be happier with them. Fit and finish are top notch. And they are injection molded as originals were.

If so I'd bet they originated from PG Classics or BEA? I don't believe Dales Cuda Shop makes thier own lenses?

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: DAYCLONA] #921387
02/07/11 01:34 AM
02/07/11 01:34 AM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline OP
master
QuickBpBp  Offline OP
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Brett, the BEAparts 71 RR/GTX side markers were used in a very high profile build that I did, and yes the part numbers were upside down on the lenses, no big deal IMHO, and I mentioned it to Mike Ross as a FYI (seen many OE/Gold/Survivor type cars with factory side marker assys, or lenses installed "upside down")...and after many years no one ever noticed/mentioned it...at best a "pet peeve"...

regarding the BEAparts RR or GTX lights/benzel, yes only one side made, but due to the symetry of the light design, they work on either side, again no one ever noticed/mentioned

As far as customer service from BEAparts, I've never gotten anything but prompt and courteous service from them in my experience, but then again I'm aware everyone has their own "level" of how they think they should be treated

Mike

Mike,
If your accustomed to paying for stuff like that and you accept it that's fine. I'll then keep searching for better & more accurate parts. I'm the kinda guy who does not buy cracked eggs just to say I got a dozen eggs,I actually look at them and make sure the are not broken! Upside down was not a standard practice just cause .01 made it out the door like that doesn't mean that is all that you offer in reproduction. As far as a level of being treated. I need NO special "level". I believe when you make something make it right and there are no "Pet peeves" or bull s4!t to sling when asking top dollar for repo-parts that are made wrong. The price then should of reflected flawed parts since I pointed it out to them,they had not a clue. It's that simple "no special treatment needed". And as far as the lenses. Yes they will work on Both sides as a Road Runner or Satellite. But now for the educating part. From the factory they are LH and RH,that being said you CANNOT put OEM taillight bezels from a Sebring Plus or GTX on these lenses with-out breaking the lense on the one side or you must buy another bezel and use two of the same side. In '72 RR/GTX/SAT fit either side and were just different colors...

Oh and another Pet peeve..

The word is BEZEL ZZZZZZZZ not "benzel"

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: QuickBpBp] #921388
02/07/11 08:34 AM
02/07/11 08:34 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
But now for the educating part. From the factory they are LH and RH,that being said you CANNOT put OEM taillight bezels from a Sebring Plus or GTX on these lenses with-out breaking the lense on the one side or you must buy another bezel and use two of the same side. In '72 RR/GTX/SAT fit either side and were just different colors...

Brett,...I was aware of this several years ago when using the BEAparts BEZELS on a 71 GTX project,...old news

Mike

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: DAYCLONA] #921389
02/07/11 12:43 PM
02/07/11 12:43 PM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline OP
master
QuickBpBp  Offline OP
master
Q

SE PA.
Quote:

Brett,...I was aware of this several years ago when using the BEAparts BEZELS on a 71 GTX project,...old news

Mike

"regarding the BEAparts RR or GTX lights/benzel, yes only one side made, but due to the symetry of the light design, they work on either side, again no one ever noticed/mentioned"

Mike this statement does not make it as clear as you and I know...Yes I knew this years ago too since I was into 71-4 Plymouths way BEFORE the bandwagon came rolling through (as you know many X-haters of this style/year now own them). So for others I want to be clear. You can only use BEA parts with BEA parts in this case. You cannot use a BEA lenses with OEM Bezels and you cannot use BEA bezels with Oem lenses...That was a big problem years ago since the lenses were reproduced way before the bezels. So people with Sebring plus's or GTX's had to find out the hardway after spending big bucks restoring the Potmetal bezels only to find out they needed 2 of one side to finish the car....
Anyway I am not asking about BEA parts I asked about the one's from Van's. Again I am glad your happy with BEA customer service I wasn't. I don't buy "new" parts that I have to correct and risk breaking to do so. IMO the correct way would have been to say "Oh yeah,your right I'll pop these out and re-silicone them in for you come back at the end of the weekend and pick them up" or "I can't do it this weekend I'll fix them and mail them for free" That's Good customer service...So to tell a customer I don't care pay up in full it's not good customer service...So I said it before and I'll say it again mine was just Bad Experience & Attitude.....

Last edited by QuickBpBp; 02/07/11 12:46 PM.
Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: QuickBpBp] #921390
02/07/11 01:23 PM
02/07/11 01:23 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
Quote:

Bad Experience & Attitude

I love that acronym, couldn't agree more

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: anlauto] #921391
02/07/11 06:27 PM
02/07/11 06:27 PM
At a gas station near you
B
badblack68 Offline
master
badblack68  Offline
master
B

At a gas station near you

Re: Van's Auto 71 Road Runner taillight lenses [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #921392
02/10/11 11:53 PM
02/10/11 11:53 PM
Southern Indiana
75RoadRunner Offline
enthusiast
75RoadRunner  Offline
enthusiast

Southern Indiana
Quote:

Quote:

If so I'd bet they originated from PG Classics or BEA? I don't believe Dales Cuda Shop makes thier own lenses?

Really don't care where they originated. They look and fit perfect, plus they had the best price bar none. And the original post was about ROAD RUNNER tail light lenses not GTX's. I sure will be glad when the weather breaks so I can get away from this damn computer and play with my cars again.