01/11/11 03:06 PM
01/11/11 03:06 PM
Finally a HUSKER again
Moparnut426 Offline OP
I Live Here
Moparnut426  Offline OP
I Live Here

Finally a HUSKER again
Did any one else get the february issue again this month?

Re: Hot Rod Re issue [Re: Moparnut426] #902086
01/11/11 08:41 PM
01/11/11 08:41 PM
Mooresburg, Tn
'
'72CudaRacer Offline
top fuel
'72CudaRacer  Offline
top fuel
'

Mooresburg, Tn
No. I let mine expire in Dec. Last week, I get a invite from Hot Rod mag, $20 for 36 months AND a free clock. I don't want it if it was free.
Brian Dunnigan

Re: Hot Rod Re issue [Re: '72CudaRacer] #902087
01/11/11 09:34 PM
01/11/11 09:34 PM
Finally a HUSKER again
Moparnut426 Offline OP
I Live Here
Moparnut426  Offline OP
I Live Here

Finally a HUSKER again
Yeah, I hear ya,

I got the LS1 is got issue again. Of all issues this isnt the one I wanted. Im sooooo sick of hearing about the LS1. The next gen HEMI is a far better engine the aftermarket has just flooded the market with LS1 crap just like they always do on the GM marketplace.

The only think I liked was the article on the Chick funny car driver who KICKS BUTT!!!

Kasey

Re: Hot Rod Re issue [Re: Moparnut426] #902088
01/11/11 10:47 PM
01/11/11 10:47 PM
Between a rock & a hard place
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Between a rock & a hard place
Quote:

Yeah, I hear ya,

I got the LS1 is got issue again. Of all issues this isnt the one I wanted. Im sooooo sick of hearing about the LS1. The next gen HEMI is a far better engine the aftermarket has just flooded the market with LS1 crap just like they always do on the GM marketplace.

The only think I liked was the article on the Chick funny car driver who KICKS BUTT!!!

Kasey

How do you think ehe aftermarket compares for the 3g Hemi? I see stroker kits, cranks, rods, pistons, ported heads, conversion mounts/headers, intakes and new valvetrain stuff advertised all the time, just like an LS series. I am surprised the automotive media hasn't given the same exposure to the 3g Hemi with all of them out there. I wonder if it could run with the "add cam and heads and make 500hp" LS articles that we see everyday. I'd also like to see a flow bench compare of the OEM heads. Wonder how the 3g Hemis are priced at the recyclers??

That said, as Mopar as I am that LS motor is one bad-a** hombre like it or not. If I wore a bow-tie it would have "LS" written all over it!

Re: Hot Rod Re issue [Re: cudadoug] #902089
01/11/11 11:08 PM
01/11/11 11:08 PM
Finally a HUSKER again
Moparnut426 Offline OP
I Live Here
Moparnut426  Offline OP
I Live Here

Finally a HUSKER again
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, I hear ya,

Kasey

How do you think ehe aftermarket compares for the 3g Hemi? I see stroker kits, cranks, rods, pistons, ported heads, conversion mounts/headers, intakes and new valvetrain stuff advertised all the time, just like an LS series. I am surprised the automotive media hasn't given the same exposure to the 3g Hemi with all of them out there. I wonder if it could run with the "add cam and heads and make 500hp" LS articles that we see everyday. I'd also like to see a flow bench compare of the OEM heads. Wonder how the 3g Hemis are priced at the recyclers??

That said, as Mopar as I am that LS motor is one bad-a** hombre like it or not. If I wore a bow-tie it would have "LS" written all over it!

Im a GM service manager so I see them every day!! Do ya want some heads, I have a few laying around from warrenty work. Worped valves, and low compression. Poor intake design, leaks all the time, water pumps leaking all the time, When I was a Dodge tech, 10 yrs and through the birth of the 5.7, the only issues we say was the valve spring problems.

With that said, I never said the LS was a poor engine, Im just sick of hearing about it. Yes they run hard, and yes if I was a GM man, id have one, but well, lucky for me IM NOT!!

I used to think GM had it straight, then I started working in a GM garage. Man we see more intake gasket leaks, poor oil PSI, oil pump failures, oil consumption and a lot of cheesy, goofy, screwed up ways to "repair" the problems with ignorantly designed TSB that are 30 pages long directly from the GM brass.

Im not impressed with how they run their ship, but it pays the bills, and Ill stick with my MOPAR, and as much of a mopar true blood I am, I hate to say it but the FORD co. currently has it nailed down. The new 5.0 boss is gonna be a force for the next HOT ROD go around, and Im glad they have done what they have.

Sorry mopar god, can I still go to heaven??

Kasey

Re: Hot Rod Re issue [Re: '72CudaRacer] #902090
01/11/11 11:10 PM
01/11/11 11:10 PM
off the grid
340B5 Offline
pro stock
340B5  Offline
pro stock

off the grid
Quote:

No. I let mine expire in Dec. Last week, I get a invite from Hot Rod mag, $20 for 36 months AND a free clock. I don't want it if it was free.
Brian Dunnigan

Does it say "while quantities last"? I did that offer a few years back and I guess the gave the clock away to someone before me.

Yeah, it's got a smallblock.