12/28/10 02:22 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

This thread let us know that Dave's cars are suspect now. He doesn't need any "authority" to let him do as he damn well pleases. Make fake stuff? Not a problem if that is what he wants to do.

We all know that he, nor anybody else, would ever lie to the DMV, etc when they come calling. That has never been done before, right?

how is putting a "re-issued" fender tag on a car illegal? Would it be just as illegal to not have one. Pretty sure the VIN is the only thing any MVA,DMV or whatever your state is cares about.

"to match my build sheet with no intention of it ever being passed of as a real tag along"

What is illegal about that? Is it the same for somebody that has a tag that is in very bad shape to re-pop it? Guy spends $$$ on a resto, old tag looks llike swiss cheese, guy orders a re-pop tag based of bad tag.....

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: QuickBpBp] #889205
12/28/10 02:24 PM
12/28/10 02:24 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Sure guys, somebody that has the means to make fake sheets is saying that others need some sort of "authority" to call out those that make fake documentation is on the up and up. It isn't news that many "experts" will steer people away from good buys, nothing new there.

What is startling is that some people would act as if the whistle blowers need some sort of authority to put information out for the public for FREE. When that person crying foul has some of these rare cars and known faking ability, it has to question the background of his own cars.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Mr.Yuck] #889206
12/28/10 02:25 PM
12/28/10 02:25 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

This thread let us know that Dave's cars are suspect now. He doesn't need any "authority" to let him do as he damn well pleases. Make fake stuff? Not a problem if that is what he wants to do.

We all know that he, nor anybody else, would ever lie to the DMV, etc when they come calling. That has never been done before, right?

how is putting a "re-issued" fender tag on a car illegal? Would it be just as illegal to not have one. Pretty sure the VIN is the only thing any MVA,DMV or whatever your state is cares about.

"to match my build sheet with no intention of it ever being passed of as a real tag along"

What is illegal about that? Is it the same for somebody that has a tag that is in very bad shape to re-pop it? Guy spends $$$ on a resto, old tag looks llike swiss cheese, guy orders a re-pop tag based of bad tag.....

It isn't just the tag.

Dave mentioned having to answer to the boys in blue as some sort of certification that he doesn't make fake stuff.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889207
12/28/10 02:28 PM
12/28/10 02:28 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

Lets just get this out of the way so we can get back to the question I asked earlier. My cars all started out as Ford Pintos that I have re-bodied and got fake titles for. All the above mentioned firms are in cahoots to lie and steal from anyone they come in contact with. We are all just a bunch of lying cheats!

Once again.....by whose delegated authority are Galen and Barry commissioned to fabricate "laws" which are accepted as the guidelines and regulations for the Hobby?

As long as we got that straight

Who gives the authority to those that make fake stuff to do so and then have cars being passed around that aren't legit? Even people who are up front about things die someday, leaving others to do as they please, with no authority...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 70Runnerdude] #889208
12/28/10 02:36 PM
12/28/10 02:36 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
WoW...I just found this thread now...I never read in this forum...
You guys have lots of fun here too !

I'm going to refrain from posting.....

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: SomeCarGuy] #889209
12/28/10 02:38 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Dave mentioned having to answer to the boys in blue as some sort of certification that he doesn't make fake stuff.

Yes....it is called due diligence to a program! It is about going through the proper channels to be classified as an authority or "expert". Why don't some of you guys go out and direct traffic without the proper approval. Go fabricate and make money without being licensed or certified to do so. Walk in a School and try taking over a class while claiming to be a teacher....WHEN YOU'RE NOT! See how many things like this you can get away with before someone arrests you for impersonating a [fill in the blank]! They have set themselves up with a bunch of self righteous rules and everyone has given their God given rights and common sense over to them. Wake up people! Most of you know more than these guys know. I have learned and have seen more facts from some of the members here than you could shake a stick at. Give yourselves some credit! They have no more right to lay down the "Law" than anybody else that is involved in this Hobby!

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: SomeCarGuy] #889210
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md

It isn't just the tag.

as long as the VIN matches up he should be fine, as law enforcement doesn't car about fender tags, build sheets or if the car has a #'s matching block. Now if somebody were to claim a car is numbers matching to fetch a big pay day and this person went so far as to re-stamp body panels, parts and engine/trans then person could be in trouble.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Mr.Yuck] #889211
12/28/10 02:49 PM
12/28/10 02:49 PM
kentucky
S
superbyrd Offline
enthusiast
superbyrd  Offline
enthusiast
S

kentucky
and another funny. there are quite a few self proclaimed "gurus" on this site,whom have had cars for sale,claiming all original,untouched,etc. then when the car comes under closer scrutiny,and questions are asked about strange or odd things on the car,all of a sudden, the answers turn to, " uh,well,i don't know,i don't know","uh,car was like that when i got it","uh,thats just what the PO told me". wow,i am not sure what makes those paticular "gurus" look more stupid. selling that car with those answers,or the so-called knowledge that they are glad to share with everyone about what is wrong/right with someone elses car.
trust me,after years on this board,i have ran into alot of real pieces of work on here. and, alot of really great folks.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: superbyrd] #889212
12/28/10 03:04 PM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
I think I'll just go buy a Harley & leave all the to people that enjoy drama... Barry can I buy ya a beer??

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: superbyrd] #889213
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Have a lot of places to go and things to do today but I sure will hurry home to see the on going whatever you call it.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889214
12/28/10 03:15 PM
12/28/10 03:15 PM
Sonora, CA
68X426 Offline
enthusiast
68X426  Offline
enthusiast

Sonora, CA
Quote:

I am still waiting to hear from what authority these guys are operating under!

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Lighten up.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language: We are here from the Government and we want to help you. 1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more 1968 Dodge Charger, 318 and not much else 1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383 and loud 1966 Dodge Van, Slant 6 and cool
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: superbyrd] #889215
12/28/10 03:24 PM
12/28/10 03:24 PM
Ramona, CA
NicksGarage Offline
master
NicksGarage  Offline
master

Ramona, CA
ECS Dave keeps asking who gives these people the authority. The people do. They don't know everything but they know a lot. Some use their knowledge purely to advance the hobby and others use it as a business. People figure out who can help them figure out what their car is all about and sometimes what to look for when they have questions about a vehicle they are purchasing. Anyone who runs a web site about mopars or other kinds of cars, or anything else for that matter, can become an "expert". I have people contact me all the time about Panther Pink cars because of my web site. I'm not as deep into the numbers as others are and I don't keep track of the market that closely but I can offer those who contact me advice on what they should do to protect themselves from bogus claims and bogus cars.

I've even had "experts" contact me for information that they don't have. I'm all for sharing knowledge but you never know who is on the other end of the e-mail and what their intentions are. I remember a case where a guy kept wanting information about a car on my site that the owner wanted to keep private. After asking a few times nicely, he started to try to bully me to give it to him. People like that can go jump in a lake for all I care.

Barry has every right to help or not help whoever he chooss. He is not a highered authority and since we weren't a witness to the phone call or what transpired, it's between him and the OP. 'nuff said.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: SomeCarGuy] #889216
12/28/10 03:34 PM
12/28/10 03:34 PM
indiana
M
mcmopars Offline
super stock
mcmopars  Offline
super stock
M

indiana
look what the outlandous(spelling) prices has done to us all.hell give me a hot rodded a body any day

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: NicksGarage] #889217
12/28/10 03:37 PM
12/28/10 03:37 PM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Quote:

ECS Dave keeps asking who gives these people the authority. The people do. They don't know everything but they know a lot. Some use their knowledge purely to advance the hobby and others use it as a business. People figure out who can help them figure out what their car is all about and sometimes what to look for when they have questions about a vehicle they are purchasing. Anyone who runs a web site about mopars or other kinds of cars, or anything else for that matter, can become an "expert". I have people contact me all the time about Panther Pink cars because of my web site. I'm not as deep into the numbers as others are and I don't keep track of the market that closely but I can offer those who contact me advice on what they should do to protect themselves from bogus claims and bogus cars.

I've even had "experts" contact me for information that they don't have. I'm all for sharing knowledge but you never know who is on the other end of the e-mail and what their intentions are. I remember a case where a guy kept wanting information about a car on my site that the owner wanted to keep private. After asking a few times nicely, he started to try to bully me to give it to him. People like that can go jump in a lake for all I care.

Barry has every right to help or not help whoever he chooss. He is not a highered authority and since we weren't a witness to the phone call or what transpired, it's between him and the OP. 'nuff said.

Well said Nick.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: NicksGarage] #889218
12/28/10 03:38 PM
12/28/10 03:38 PM
Harlan, Iowa
69CoronetRT Offline
master
69CoronetRT  Offline
master

Harlan, Iowa
I'm curious to know how many of you are OK with what happened in this situation. I'm posting both tags as both were posted in the clear meaning on the Internet for all to see.

Someone took a 69 Coronet R/T convertible, changed the transmission, color, interior, VON and options.

Is it OK for the seller to pass this car off as an original 4 speed car and command the higher price a four speed brings? Is it OK for the seller to claim this car is now 1 of 99 instead of 1 of 317?

Is it OK for the second or third buyer down the line to think this is a reproduction of an original tag?

How would buyers be able to do due diligence on this car?

Is it OK for me to let prospective buyers know this car has been changed and the documentation changed?

Who would be against this happening? Who can justify it?

Last edited by 69CoronetRT; 12/28/10 03:39 PM.

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 69CoronetRT] #889219
12/28/10 03:44 PM
12/28/10 03:44 PM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Thats Fraud. But I am curious---Why would the person change the VON????

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 69CoronetRT] #889220
12/28/10 03:45 PM
12/28/10 03:45 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889221
12/28/10 04:20 PM
12/28/10 04:20 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

Yes....it is called due diligence to a program! It is about going through the proper channels to be classified as an authority or "expert". Why don't some of you guys go out and direct traffic without the proper approval. Go fabricate and make money without being licensed or certified to do so. Walk in a School and try taking over a class while claiming to be a teacher....WHEN YOU'RE NOT! See how many things like this you can get away with before someone arrests you for impersonating a [fill in the blank]! They have set themselves up with a bunch of self righteous rules and everyone has given their God given rights and common sense over to them. Wake up people! Most of you know more than these guys know. I have learned and have seen more facts from some of the members here than you could shake a stick at. Give yourselves some credit! They have no more right to lay down the "Law" than anybody else that is involved in this Hobby!

I get that Dave, I just don't see why you have an issue with Barry or whoever distributing information so each of us can make our own call as to what a given car is. Seems to be hitting home for some reason with you.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Mr.Yuck] #889222
12/28/10 04:23 PM
12/28/10 04:23 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

It isn't just the tag.

as long as the VIN matches up he should be fine, as law enforcement doesn't car about fender tags, build sheets or if the car has a #'s matching block. Now if somebody were to claim a car is numbers matching to fetch a big pay day and this person went so far as to re-stamp body panels, parts and engine/trans then person could be in trouble.

Sure. Dave mentioned the DMV, etc. That is what I was basing my comment on.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: NicksGarage] #889223
12/28/10 04:32 PM
12/28/10 04:32 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

The people do.....

That was just about the type of answer I was expecting. Isn't it ironic that they have no Real authority but fabricate fancy paper work with THEIR Official Stamping/Moniker of Legitimacy as if THAT somehow adds credence to their worthiness!?! I have received COUNTLESS phone calls from people (with horror stories) that have been taken advantage of regarding the kind and generous actions from these Authorities.

The original poster said he was treated rudely for his thoughts as it pertained to dealing with one of these respected authorities! How could this have possibly happened to one of the "people" since they were instrumental in establishing this level of authority? Shouldn't you be extra nice to those who ALLOW you to continue operating under such anemic and false pretenses? Maybe when the "people" see things for what they are, they will take back this unsubstantiated and benevolent authority.

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17