12/23/10 09:44 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

A good friend of mine built this car. He did a great job of blending the two hoods, especially when you consider that he's not a bodyman. That car has a Eddy headed 500" six pack backed by a 4 speed. He didn't cut corners when building it and it turned out nice.
He sold off his Chargers (one wing car to go) and got into Harleys because those guys don't sit around in parking lots collecting dust.

Feets did he use a coronet hood? Love that look almost went w/ it but the cost scared me away.

Re: Which hood scoop? [Re: Mr.Yuck] #885202
12/24/10 12:38 PM
12/24/10 12:38 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
He had a Charger hood that stood outside for several years and rotted away on the windshield side. The Super Bee hood had been hit in the front and was badly bent. The frame of the Charger hood as well as the first foot or so of skin was combined with the back half of the skin from the Bee hood. He had to continue the peak down the hood so it wouldn't just stop in the middle.
It came out really nice.

Last edited by feets; 12/24/10 12:39 PM.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Re: Which hood scoop? [Re: feets] #885203
12/24/10 12:49 PM
12/24/10 12:49 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

He had a Charger hood that stood outside for several years and rotted away on the windshield side. The Super Bee hood had been hit in the front and was badly bent. The frame of the Charger hood as well as the first foot or so of skin was combined with the back half of the skin from the Bee hood. He had to continue the peak down the hood so it wouldn't just stop in the middle.
It came out really nice.

Yes it did.. what would that cost to have done?

Re: Which hood scoop? [Re: Mr.Yuck] #885204
12/24/10 12:57 PM
12/24/10 12:57 PM
Near Reading PA USA
pinkduster Offline
master
pinkduster  Offline
master

Near Reading PA USA
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not against cowl hoods on Mopars (except early B-bodies). However, 68-70 Chargers are a real tough one to do just about any scoop because of all the contours of the hood. Couple years ago I saw black 70 Charger with a 70 Road Runner skin (air grabber) grafted onto the Charger hood. Looked GREAT! Maybe you could do something like that... Just a little taller and wider. Or maybe you could do something with the Charger hood skin. Like raise it up and turn it into it's own buldge hood. I saw this effect done to a 68 Superbee hood and it looked pretty slick.

this one? It is TUFF. $$$ for all the stuff and to blend it.

yes, that's the one. Looks awesome, like the factory should have offered it that way.

Re: Which hood scoop? [Re: Mr.Yuck] #885205
12/24/10 05:03 PM
12/24/10 05:03 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Quote:

Quote:

It came out really nice.

Yes it did.. what would that cost to have done?

It would not be cheap and I wouldn't dare ask Ed to do it again. That would not go over well.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Page 2 of 2 1 2