brake pedal ratio? #883378
12/18/10 09:51 PM
12/18/10 09:51 PM
Cali
BullT Offline OP
BullT  Offline OP

Cali
hey all,

I am purchasing parts to redo my braking system. when determining what master cylinder i need i was asked to provide a pedal ratio. i am pretty sure my brakes are stock drums and cylinder right now. how do i determine what brake pedal ratio i want for my new setup?

i have added pictures not sure if they help but let me know if you want me to take a pic of something else to help

1966 Dodge Coronet 500

thanks for any help!

Re: brake pedal ratio? [Re: BullT] #883379
12/18/10 10:10 PM
12/18/10 10:10 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
If the distance from the center of the pivot point bolt hole at the top where the pedal swings, down to the center of the hole that the M/C pushrod bolts into is 3" and the distance from the center of the aforementioned top pivot point bolt hole all the way down to the imaginary line where your foot comes at the pedal at a 90 deg right angle is 12" then it is a 4 to 1 ratio. EDIT if your M/C is going bad or if you want a dual bowl for safety reasons the simplest upgrade would be a 67-69 B body 4 wheel drum brake M/C (it's a dual bowl). (re)use your old pushrod and unscrew the rear brake line from the brass splitter and connect it to the front (closest to the radiator) M/C port w a length (or 2) of prefabbed 3/16" brake line using a double female brass inverted flare fitting in the "Edelman" fitting section in your parts house along w a male inverted flare brass "edelman" fitting to plug the hole in the brass splitter where the orig rear line screwed into

Last edited by RapidRobert; 12/19/10 11:51 AM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth