12/04/10 11:06 AM
12/04/10 11:06 AM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

acworth / N. georgia - south e...
Ok so the rules state every car can have a fixture 45" in front of the spindal..

so if every car puts one on..how is that any differnt from saying...
they all have to take them off..?
same exact result....EVEN PLAYING FIELD

"Except" for those newer transam nosed cars.
dragsters and funny car bodies..with the
"AT SPEED" advantage..

you cant or wont be able to take/Hack saw the front end off of everyone of those cars..
so they just decided..

to let everyone else have the 45"..

problem solved...?????

cheapst

"sometimes i wonder why soo many people complain about the world moving past them..?
it waits for no one..the sooner you except this the sooner you find your success/advantage.

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Re: "stripe taker"..?? [Re: cheapstreetdustr] #865070
12/04/10 11:59 AM
12/04/10 11:59 AM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
I race a 67 Dart brackets and shoot outs. I was in the semi finals race against a newer Camaro. We were real close in ET and I was the quicker car.We are talking 6.72 against a 6.78 dial. So we were side by side all the way and I swore I had a half a fender on him. He won the race by .001. Best race I ever been in. I went over to his pit to give him congrats. He said himself that I had him at the stripe. Well when you looked at his car and the nose sits way out in front of the tires and sits real low. Its not hard to see that something other than his tires triped the beams. I am going to put a stripe taker on not to make the car seem faster but to make my car more even to newer cars.We will adjust the dial in to the strip taker being what trips the beam.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: "stripe taker"..?? [Re: slippery440] #865071
12/04/10 12:27 PM
12/04/10 12:27 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline OP
master
CHAPPER  Offline OP
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
If the OP is correct on the 45" from spindle to front,,,,I can run a 'stripe taker' 15" in front of my bumper!!! I can see the look on the face of the staging lane people when I pull in!! It would be very easy to make. Just attach to license plate screws,,OR maybe just bend licese plate out and only use one screw to hold it??? I believe the 'taker' would have to be no longer than the original length of the car,,just lower.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: "stripe taker"..?? [Re: CHAPPER] #865072
12/04/10 12:40 PM
12/04/10 12:40 PM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Just going to make mine so it is only the same distance as the front lip of the fender. I realy can not see it being any in front of the car. Plus higher than the stageing beams so the wheels are still triping them.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: "stripe taker"..?? [Re: sr4440] #865073
12/04/10 12:49 PM
12/04/10 12:49 PM
Indianapolis, In. area
B
BTBelvedere Online content
BTBelvedere  Online Content
B

Indianapolis, In. area
Quote:

Quote:

There is a lot of difference in purpose between a stripetaker and a spoiler,,apples @ oranges.

True but a spoiler takes the strip and would be against BTBelvedere personal version of the rules.

Joe, First off, if you're over there fighting for our freedom, thank you. Secondly, I don't have a personal version of the rules. I wrote what my opinion was, that's all. I'm afraid that's the old dinosaur coming out in me. Some folks way smarter than I decided it would be OK to do what they're doing now. As far as wings and spoilers on cars for downforce and safety, I hadn't even thought about that. You're probably right. I still don't think a Pro Stock Avenger should have a 4 foot hunk of body work hanging out the front and electric shocks to screw it down to the pavement so the pointy part takes the stripe. Again, thanks for your service. Peace, brother.

Re: "stripe taker"..?? [Re: BTBelvedere] #865074
12/04/10 10:04 PM
12/04/10 10:04 PM
Poulsbo, WA
ChrisJohnston669 Offline
super stock
ChrisJohnston669  Offline
super stock

Poulsbo, WA
Firebirds and Camaros are good for going down and taking the stripe with the nose. I make sure to check the car I am racing before we go. If I am outside I will even look under the front of the car. My buddy lost a final in Vegas in super stock because he raced his opponets wheels instead of his nose. Pros and cons to having one. If you're going to have one you need to make sure it takes everytime. Or you need to remember its there when you go down there and jam the brakes.

Re: "stripe taker"..?? [Re: BTBelvedere] #865075
12/05/10 01:11 AM
12/05/10 01:11 AM
Central TEXAS!!!!
sr4440 Offline
super stock
sr4440  Offline
super stock

Central TEXAS!!!!
Quote:

Joe, First off, if you're over there fighting for our freedom, thank you. Secondly, I don't have a personal version of the rules. I wrote what my opinion was, that's all. I'm afraid that's the old dinosaur coming out in me. Some folks way smarter than I decided it would be OK to do what they're doing now. As far as wings and spoilers on cars for downforce and safety, I hadn't even thought about that. You're probably right. I still don't think a Pro Stock Avenger should have a 4 foot hunk of body work hanging out the front and electric shocks to screw it down to the pavement so the pointy part takes the stripe. Again, thanks for your service. Peace, brother.

I am sorry if I came off like a personal attack, it wasn’t meant that way.

This rule has been in place forever, I built my roadster in 92 and the rule at the time was 30 inches at the time. My spoiler started off at 3 inches off the ground. Well after the 1st “at speed” run, it was 3 ˝ inches off the ground. By the end of the weekend it was 4 1/2. LOL the nose was generating way more down force and was dragging the ground in the lights. It was because of some “soft” springs up front.

The pro stock effect of having the nose on the ground and a smooth bottom is to generate down force without increasing drag.

Anyway, having “something” that always takes the strip just makes the car more consistent.

Joe

Without Data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.
Page 2 of 2 1 2