09/09/10 05:12 PM
09/09/10 05:12 PM
N. of 8mile, S. of heaven
Spike Offline
Go Blue!!
Spike  Offline
Go Blue!!

No two cars are alike when it comes to wheel opening moldings.
If you look at survivor cars you can see moldings that fit flush and others that have a gap between the molding and panel. Even from the factory there were flaws(imagine that).

You could take one set of moldings and they would fit one car perfect and another car would be a poor fit with the same set of moldings.

Metro makes their wheel opening moldings in house and test fits them to quarter panels and fenders, but every once in a while a set will get returned because of fitment issues. Is it the car, moldings, installer?, who knows without having the vehicle and moldings together for inspection.

Rick has great advice, fit the moldings before the body work is done. I know this is not possible in your case, but for future reference for anybody else with any kind of molding.

Re: How did OEM wheel lip moldings fit? E body. [Re: Spike] #794778
09/10/10 04:06 PM
09/10/10 04:06 PM
Houston Texas
PAINT IT BLACK Offline OP
Got a CHIP on my shoulder
PAINT IT BLACK  Offline OP
Got a CHIP on my shoulder

Houston Texas
Quote:

Metro makes their wheel opening moldings in house and test fits them to quarter panels and fenders, but every once in a while a set will get returned because of fitment issues. Is it the car, moldings, installer?, who knows without having the vehicle and moldings together for inspection.

Can you comment so as to make it clear for us as to how many manufacturers of these Cuda sets are currently on the market, and of these manufacturers, who's is Year One selling?

Re: How did OEM wheel lip moldings fit? E body. [Re: PAINT IT BLACK] #794779
09/10/10 09:25 PM
09/10/10 09:25 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

Can you comment so as to make it clear for us as to how many manufacturers of these Cuda sets are currently on the market, and of these manufacturers, who's is Year One selling?

I know that when I purchased my Cuda mouldings from Year One, they had 2 application part numbers,....which I generally percieve as the cheap set and the better set,....as I'll always buy the "better" set,...currently Year One only has 1 part number available J2S $195,....you'd have to call Year One to find out the vendor used,

Although one would assume it's Metro, seeing that Metro is in Georgia also,...but Metro's current price for THEIR Cuda mouldings is $265,........generally you get what you pay for,...Dales Cuda shop currently has WOM for $235,....no mention of vendor,.....but I can't see YO or Dales selling Metros, if they are Metros? for less than directly from Metro themselves?....I have a set of Metro's wheel opening mouldings on my Challenger, no issuses in istallation, I also have a set of Metro Charger wheel opening mouldings on my Daytona, no issuses,...I use Metro Charger WOM for my customers Daytona conversions, original or repro qtrs, no issuses,...so either play with your mouldings or confirm from the vendor (Dales Cuda shop) who the vendor is?,...check YO vendor supplier,....if neither is Metro,...pony up and purchase the Metros

Mike

Re: How did OEM wheel lip moldings fit? E body. [Re: DAYCLONA] #794780
09/12/10 08:33 PM
09/12/10 08:33 PM
Spike Offline
Go Blue!!
Spike  Offline
Go Blue!!

There are several vendors making wheel opening molding.
Metro's are made in Georgia, there are others made overseas.
If they were Metro moldings I can not see anyone selling them for less than Metro sells them for.
It is possible for Year One and others to sell the same products from multiple suppliers.
Your best best is to call Metro at 912-383-0172

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2