09/07/10 05:01 PM
Ramona, CA
NicksGarage Offline
master
NicksGarage  Offline
master

Ramona, CA
Quote:

This would be my educated guess - when the call was made to drop the 6-way manual adj. seat option, the existing orders calling for the option were tallied and some extra's added for a final order from the vendor. As the cars with the 6-way seats ordered came up for production, the 6-way seats from the final order were installed. This might also explain why the extra "6-WAY SEAT" appears on the bottom of the broadcast sheet.

Is there any way to decipher the order date from the order number? Not the SPD but the actual date a salesperson at a dealership took/placed the order? I think that's the key...

No, you can't tell that from the order number. Dealers had batches of numbers as did the factory. I don't think I've ever seen the order number on a handwritten invoice or sales contract. Not that I've seen that many of them.

Re: 6-way seat track braces for 71 B-body [Re: NicksGarage] #786081
09/19/10 08:39 AM
09/19/10 08:39 AM
Chilly Northern, Minn.
71 Charger R/T Online content
mopar
71 Charger R/T  Online Content
mopar

Chilly Northern, Minn.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My car ('71 Charger R/T) is opted with the six way (all original still) and has the welded spacers on the brackets with no plates below but plates above floor pan.

What SPD & plant was your Charger R/T assembled?

The plant it was built at was Lynch Road, Mi.
By SPD I assume you mean specific production date?....if so, Jan 29 1971

Interesting, they were supposedly removed from the options list in December of 1970. Was your car ordered? Maybe it slipped in under the wire. Never know with Chrysler.

Yes, The original owner stated that he ordered the car, and with the excellent help of Nick deciphering the Broadcast sheet, we have confirmed that to be true. Maybe sometime I can contact the original owner again and find out when he ordered it.(I would imagine by the build date, it was before Dec. 1970).

Last edited by 71 Charger R/T; 09/19/10 08:44 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3